Posted: Mar 30th 2010 9:11AM Sireangelus said

I'm really looking forward to this set. Hero side especially I want to smack down Hellions with demons while laughing maniacally.

Posted: Mar 30th 2010 9:55AM Thac0 said

The update looks neat. The graphics look very aged unfortunately, but i guess they are being updated with "Going Rogue". When is that coming out? I've always thought CoX was very stale and repetitive but maybe I'd give it another chance since there is all this player content and a new X-pac with new technology.

Posted: Mar 30th 2010 10:32AM (Unverified) said

The graphics are getting incrementally better, but more importantly, the tech seems to be scaling up. With my new computer I can fight in a zone with fifty other heroes and not feel the sting of lag, even with all their fancy capes and special effects.

I think this game engine has another couple years in it thanks to Ultra Mode, but yeah, eventually it's either going to need to scale up, or we'll have to rely on a sequel to replace it, graphically.

Posted: Mar 30th 2010 11:25AM (Unverified) said

Man, CoX keeps trying to draw me back in with new stuff like this. I know it's just adding on some new paint to the existing structure, but I really do like the feature set. The one thing I don't like, like THAC0 said, is that the graphics are pretty aged -- hopefully that'll be fixed in Going Rogue though.

I would really like to try to get my friends back into this game, but damned if it isn't like herding cats. They can't even agree on a server to play on, much less one game.

Posted: Mar 30th 2010 1:45PM BubleFett said

Sound really interesting.
The thing about CoX is that the textures is what making the game
look dated. Is nice they ramped up the rendering engine.
But they need to start over with the textures.
Yeah, Yeah that would cost too much for them to do.
Other wise I like the game, I will resub once Rouge comes out.

MMO Week in Review: Happy New Year!

Posted on Dec 28th 2014 8:00PM