Posted: Mar 30th 2010 8:45PM arodriguezc said

I like this game, but I am currently subbing to too many games... WOW, Fallen Earth and WAR...

Posted: Mar 30th 2010 8:58PM (Unverified) said

The patch is awesome. Funcom has really done a great job with fixing issues and making the game run so smooth now. Can't wait for Rise of the Godslayer.

Posted: Mar 30th 2010 9:05PM v3rn said

Just resubbed today after looking for an MMO to play. Bored with LotRO, WAR, WoW, Darkfall, etc. I played when it launched and quit after the first month. But I'm so glad I went back, such a fun game. The combat just makes the game so fun to play. And the new expansion sounds amazing, and all the new stuff coming looks incredible. So glad to be back, and I hope Funcom can deliver and get some more subs, because they deserve it with the work they put into the game. They screwed the launch up, but they're doing better and better. I just hope they can speed the patches and expansions up more. It's been too long without new large content. And I hope the expansion has enough content to keep people playing until the next one. Not adding a higher level cap is different, so I hope there is enough stuff for the level 80s to do.

Posted: Mar 30th 2010 9:15PM GRT said

Your use of the phrase "the late Robert E Howard" has me thinking about something. How long does a person have to be dead before we stop putting "the late" ahead of his name?

The late Robert Jordan sounds right. The late William Shakespeare sounds odd.
Howard killed himself in the 1930s if I remember correctly. If he hadn't, he'd be 104 today. I think "the late" can be assumed at this point. Is that the rule of thumb? If we're outside of an author's natural lifespan we no longer have to use "the late."

Thinking about this has been more interesting than Age of Conan ever was for me.

Posted: Mar 30th 2010 11:11PM Equillian said

*points* DOUCHE!

Posted: Mar 30th 2010 11:36PM (Unverified) said

And this is what we get with way two much free time and a keyboard available.

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 5:15AM (Unverified) said

'The Late' Robert E Howard functions by giving people not familiar with the author, being relatively obscure in mainstream culture, the information that he has passed on.

It seems redundant to those of us that know of course, but never-the-less provides those unfamiliar with Howard some extra information. Likewise Shakespeare is not prefixed with 'the late' as his lateness is widespread.

Don;t sweat the small stuff.

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 4:28AM Valentina said

The event is pretty fun, and really does get you kinda excited about the expansion! This patch is really nice, and it seems like with every update the game is smoother and the bugs disappear rapidly. They really turned this game around and I hope the expansion brings a bunch of new and returning players :)

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 11:35AM (Unverified) said

I haven't been much past Tortage in the past. How much instancing does this game do? In this regard would it have more in common with WoW/LotRO or DDO/STO?

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 3:30PM (Unverified) said

It's mostly open world with instancing in dungeons.

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 4:18PM (Unverified) said

Thanks - I think I'll give it another chance!

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 6:33PM ColRoofles said

It's mostly open world, yes, however every zone functions like the trading hubs/cities in Guild Wars; there's a limit on how many people can enter a given zone and once that limit is met, another copy of the same zone is created. You can freely teleport between the two instances/districts.

Betawatch: October 18 - 24, 2014