Posted: Mar 29th 2010 9:41AM WSCopic said

Love, love, LOVE this game. Its great to see so much coming out for it. The amount that this small studio is pumping into this game vs. some of the huge companies that just don't seem to do anything once the game releases, should put them to shame.

Posted: Mar 29th 2010 10:06AM Dread said

• Half a heart
Do the visuals ingame match any of the photoshopped shots for blog articles yet?

Just curious :)

Posted: Mar 29th 2010 4:22PM (Unverified) said

Maybe get a new Vid card jackass. Game looks great on my 2 year old machine. or are you just a Wow/Aion fanboy

Posted: Mar 30th 2010 3:31AM fatpanda said

any picture on Massively (as well as any I've seen on Fallen Earth's site) matches the in game graphics that I get when I play and I have a midrange video card so not sure what you're talking about...

Posted: Mar 29th 2010 10:19AM shipwreck said

Cool! Looks like it might be time to give this game a go.

I like to wait a good six months before trying new MMOGs :-)

Posted: Mar 29th 2010 10:35AM EYELEsS said

Wow, great news.

Even now this game seems to have made some significant improvements since launch. Not that it wasn't a great title even at launch (in my opinion it was pretty enjoyable). I ended up un-subbing for a simple lack of interest, but seeing how awesome Icarus is managing this game, I may have to re-sub soon.

It seems like you'd be hard pressed to too many MMOs with decent dev. teams anymore.

Posted: Mar 29th 2010 11:51AM Mad Dog said

Please let there be some stuff on PVP.

Posted: Mar 29th 2010 1:47PM (Unverified) said

actually, the Bloodsports will be in patch 1.5

Posted: Mar 29th 2010 2:35PM Thac0 said

What happened to player built and run towns :( I was waiting on those to come back.

Posted: Mar 29th 2010 3:20PM Mirin said

Nice, this game rocks. Seems like we finally got a game with devs that give a crap. Suck it Aion

Posted: Mar 29th 2010 4:40PM (Unverified) said

Good good. I'm happy about this game improving. Not subbed but always watching(kinda sounded creepy).

Posted: Mar 29th 2010 4:43PM (Unverified) said

"Fallen Earth has been growing by leaps and bounds over the past six months, with the game's population growing even faster than the game itself as word-of-mouth does its thing."

I am not knocking the game at all. I'm just curious if the author of the article can cite their source on this statement? If you cannot back statements like this up factually, they are nothing more than hyperbole and should not be made on what portrays itself to be a pseudo-journalistic game blog.

Posted: Mar 29th 2010 8:43PM EngadgetSoFunny said

Ohh no, its the evolution of the Grammar Nazi! The Journalistic Integrity Nazi! Run for your lives! She's going to eat your babies and he's going to want to eat my babies more when he finds out I dont have a properly credited source for referring to him as either a female or male pronoun or a source that even suggests he has a taste for the flesh of human infants, not to mention, the length of this sentance will only further his bloodlust as he realizes its a run-on sentance!

Posted: Mar 29th 2010 4:44PM (Unverified) said

for anyone who has been watching this game for a while and thinking of giving it a try, I strongly reccommend you do. the player base tends to be a lot more mature, very friendly, and extremely helpful, the grind/questing to max level is pretty enjoyable, and the developers actually give a shit about the people who pay their paycheck. they remind me a lot of CCP with Eve Online, in the fact that they care about both their vision with the game and the players they share it with.

Seriously, Icarus gets reputable guilds to help them host in game events and they actively listen and participate to the conversations in the forums. With the new pvp matches/battlegrounds announced, amongst other changes, I am very excited to see how this game develops over the next year.

From my experience with the game, if the developers say they are implementing these changes, then that means they will follow through without half assed fixes or cancelling announced content three days before the patch drops. they really seem like they get their kicks on making the game better for the players.

With all of the above together, I find that most players of FE, myself included, are easily able to forgive the occasional bug you might still find in game, as any flaws pale in comparison to the amount of fun you really can have riding around and smashin shit up in the wastelands.

So saddle up, gas up your bike, load your sixshooter, sharpen your meat cleaver, and meet me in the wastelands!!!

Posted: Mar 29th 2010 7:05PM Cristian Ceo said

Yea baby i know this game had potential back in the day and after half an year i am still around enjoying this great game wich gets better every day. I have MAD respect for Icarus. The only devs wich really seem to care for their player base.

Posted: Mar 30th 2010 11:30AM (Unverified) said

As a post-apoc fan I've been watching this game with a great deal of interest. Despite putting a lot of time into WoW of late (I have a great group of core friends I play/raid with so it helps) I'm starting to think it's time to give this game a shot.

I've stopped buying MMOs at release after being burnt many times over the past few years.

Posted: Mar 30th 2010 12:38PM arodriguezc said

I am thinking about making my clone a vista... I like rifles what can I say...

Betawatch: December 13 - 19, 2014