Posted: Mar 29th 2010 6:30PM (Unverified) said

I wonder what 'An EVE player's guide to ' would be like. Though personally, I always compare games to Guild Wars, since EVE is just too different from most MMORPGs.

Posted: Mar 29th 2010 7:42PM (Unverified) said

Same as Ricotez I always end up comparing to Guild Wars.
Guild Wars has always been my go to game but for about half a year I was a WoW addict (I quit due to the lack of linear storyline and the likes).
After reading this (having been curious about RoM) my views have changed drastically..

I originally thought RoM was a WoW clone. After reading this, it sounds like most of RoM defining features that make it stand out, are in fact features Guild Wars had implemented since its release in 2005 >.>
Do any games exist that havent blatently ripped features out of others?
I'm holding high hopes for Tera..

Posted: Mar 29th 2010 7:33PM Jaimie said

Fans of pre-BC Priests and BC Resto Druids will probably enjoy the Priest and Druid of RoM. They share many similar healing spells - Druids in RoM for example have Lifebloom, Rejuv, Regrowth, and Nourish/HT, just with different names. o.O

Posted: Mar 29th 2010 8:12PM (Unverified) said

Most of those Druid skills you listed are from BC or later. I hate that I remember these things from WoW...

Posted: Mar 29th 2010 9:54PM Jaimie said

Which is why I said BC Resto Druids...

Posted: Mar 29th 2010 8:19PM (Unverified) said

As much as I dislike what WoW has become as of late, it should definitely be the point of comparison for fantasy MMO's that have came after it. Most every feature in WoW set a very high standard for how the games should play, and it's very hard to get any satisfaction out of these newer F2P "WoW clones" if you played WoW for any period of time.

I personally couldn't get into RoM, probably because after 4 hours of patching and trying to figure out their ridiculous account management page, the 'moment' of wanting to try it pretty much passed.

Posted: Mar 30th 2010 12:51AM Averice said

I just resubbed WoW a few weeks ago and I'm really enjoying it. The random battle ground option is just what BG's needed IMO. I use the looking for dungeon tool occasionally as well. There's no doubt that the game has gone in a different direction, but after taking 6 months off I found out I really liked some aspects of the direction it was going in. I no longer do 25 man raids, but I plan on doing 10 man raids in Cata just because it's a more casual experience and honestly, I need that from my gaming. No more 8 hour sessions.

I tried out RoM for 20 minutes a long time ago, and it just didn't strike me as worthwhile. I've noticed a lot of people really enjoying it, but for me the controls were just too slippery. I doubt I'll ever try it again just because there are already so many more personally interesting gaming ways to spend my time. The market truly is becoming saturated, and I just hope that it doesn't become so saturated my preferred version of MMO is wiped out among the mass of suck for a buck ones. lol LICD reference.

Also, kinda confused in the first part of the article where it says "Wardens are like RoM Knights". I think that's a typo? I have no idea what either of those things are since they're both a part of RoM.

Swordsman launches today