Posted: Mar 28th 2010 9:04PM (Unverified) said

This panel was a lot of fun to watch, with a few cool videos. I have a 4-part video of the panel, and a 2-part video of -some- of the Q&A session.

This is part one of the panel video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrEdTSVJmbE

Really bummed I didn't get to bump into Shawn or Rubi at the show... kept an eye out for you guys! Love the podcast!

Posted: Mar 29th 2010 1:07PM ZenJitsu said

Thanks for the videos...great quality!

I'm pretty psyched for the new Issues...it looks like this will be a banner year for Paragon Studios. It's great that they're still investing so heavily into the game and maintaining the steam, even with Champions Online no longer being as much of a threat. One of the things I always liked about CoH's game design is their ability to design from the player's perspective; you actually get the impression that they play their own game.

Posted: Mar 28th 2010 9:56PM SkyStreak said

Also, I would like to point out that Positron told people during the Meet and Greet on Saturday night to make sure they turn their in-game music on if they had it turned off, particularly for cut-scenes....

He said nothing else regarding that.

My theory: Voice acted cut-scenes.

On a side note, it was cool meeting you Eliot!

Posted: Mar 29th 2010 3:55AM J Brad Hicks said

I will turn the in-game music back on, if and when they come up with a better in-game music system.

You're flying across a zone, diagonally, and happen to clip the corner of a "neighborhood," and this is what happens: the tune you are playing cuts off in mid-bar, it starts another tune, plays half a bar of that, cuts it off, then goes back to the beginning of the first tune. Drunken Rikti monkeys wearing mittens and sitting at a mis-tuned electric piano could produce less jarring sounding music than the effect you get of having the music system in City of Heroes on while you're moving.

Posted: Mar 30th 2010 2:35PM (Unverified) said

To even call out players that have their music turned off should be an indicator that most of us play with the crappy music off.

And we STILL have to listen to music in zones like Pocket D, because they don't classify as 'music' but sound objects for some reason.

Posted: Mar 28th 2010 9:59PM PlasticSpork said

I was hoping that they'd discuss the challenges of having Cryptic be a competitor now and how Champions Online might have affected CoH (as well as what they thought about DC Universe entering the scene). Guess I should have gotten in the question line. :)

Ultra mode was, ultimately, disappointing for me. When the first two bullet points were basically about shadows and the third was reflections, I kinda just mentally said "meh." Those are the things that you turn off for better performance, anyhow. It will be interesting to see Praetoria, though, and how it takes advantage of those new effects.

The funniest thing for me was during the Q&A, when a really pretty Princess Peach came to the microphone, but a male voice came out. I got very confused. He was a great Princess Peach.

Posted: Mar 29th 2010 12:32AM Its Utakata stupid said

I'm not sure there was much to discuss...Cryptic burnt a lot of bridges with Champions. And many players burnt bridges with Cryptic. So it's quite likely Champions is no longer a serious threat to CoX anymore. But it's still nice to see Paragon pulling out all the stops out to make CoX a better game. :)

...as for DC, I guess we'll have to wait and see when it's released.

Posted: Mar 28th 2010 11:26PM Surelle said

Was anything said about new maps located in space for level 50 characters? I could swear I heard something about that in the initial GR mentions on the official forums, but I've never heard anything since.

Posted: Mar 29th 2010 12:02AM Haggs said

The info from this panle has me beyond excited for the future of this game. I can't wait for Going Rogue and whatever is coming next!

Posted: Mar 29th 2010 1:32AM (Unverified) said

Nail...coffin...Champions Online....you out it together 8P

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 5:13PM (Unverified) said

No, sorry, Champions Online is still a much better game than CoX in many ways. Why does everyone side with CoX? It's like everyone wanted to root for the tired old underdog when Champions was released, they were so eager to get a chance to hate on Cryptic and Bill Roper.

Any character concept I've come up with that I made in CoX can be given so much more individuality in CO that I can't really draw a comparison between the two games' character creators. And when the characters I'm playing as have powers that more closely represent their personality, the actual fighting is alot more fun.

Posted: Mar 29th 2010 9:26AM Heraclea said

The Positron task force currently in-game is interesting and rich in variety compared to the Synapse task force.

Posted: Mar 29th 2010 11:32AM Zach Adams said

I played pretty solid from 04-08, then sporadically until I left in fall 09, as all my friends/RP circle had moved on to WoW (which I hate) and EQ2 (which I like, but will never really capture my heart). I've played EQ2 and given Champs a fair shake, but I'm hoping, especially after all this news, that GR and Incarnates can bring us home.

Posted: Mar 29th 2010 5:24PM Superfan said

I do like the game but stopped my sub. I will go back if they offer some new game mechanics and if they do NOT use the same mission maps for the new 'content'. Unfortunately this game recycles everything. It's sad. It also gets dull that way. Any vet players would likely agree.

So, I need more info about GR before I go back. I used to love this game but it's the same old all the way through. I don't think the DEV team is too bright after seeing recent adds to the game. Yes, it is my opinion but then an all-time low for player population may also support my suggestion that the DEVS need to get a clue and add new systems etc to the game. Reduce the 'fluff' items make some quality adds to the game where those adds give us something new and exciting to do!

Posted: Mar 29th 2010 6:13PM (Unverified) said

And what, exactly, do you mean by 'new systems' beyond what has already been offered? Make a suggestion.
And as a vet player, I am still enjoying it.

Posted: Mar 29th 2010 7:55PM Relentless Waterfall said

As Issue 17 is right around the corner and GR not long after, the fact that the CoX Dev Team kept so much goodness under wraps gives us an opportunity to learn an important lesson in life and business:

Over promise, Under deliver (ala CO under Roper) = BAD!

Under promise, Over deliver (ala Paragon and the CoX Dev Team) = GOOD!

Posted: Mar 30th 2010 4:08AM ZenJitsu said

Simply yet insightfully written.

I do like the way Paragon delivers their pitches and updates; they're more matter-of-fact and less 'amazing! incredible!' Cryptic style. Yes, you can read up on some of Champions Online's announcements and tweets and see all the uses of the words 'awesome' and 'epic.'

Posted: Mar 30th 2010 5:29PM (Unverified) said

The influence/infamy going into limbo bit honestly looks more like a misinterpretation of the answer to the question in my link below than anything else I've seen in videos of the panel. Did I miss something somewhere or was that actually in an interview done later (or in a later part of the Q&A not caught on film somewhere).

Posted: Mar 30th 2010 5:47PM (Unverified) said

Oh well never mind. I'm just wrong.

Posted: Mar 30th 2010 8:46PM Covnam said

Glad to hear that the incarnate system is finally going in. I remember them talking about it back when I still played a few years ago. It was definately something I had hoped for to keep me playing when I got bored. Probably won't bring me back, but still happy to see it coming.

WRUP: Expanshapaign is too a word

Posted on Dec 20th 2014 10:00AM