Posted: Mar 27th 2010 11:00AM (Unverified) said

I see some Guild Wars and perhaps some Allods Online ahead of me. I really need to get some more missions done in Guild Wars, I found out I really like playing as a Necromancer, but my Necro is only lvl 15. Coincidentally, my Defiler in Allods is lvl 15 as well, really gotta do something about that too.

Posted: Mar 27th 2010 11:15AM (Unverified) said

watching bioware's ticker count down

Posted: Mar 27th 2010 12:36PM TheJackman said

• 1 heart
They will tell everyone about there great new DLC that add a total of 1 hour gameplay to there game for 25 bucks!

Posted: Mar 27th 2010 12:03PM nearly nil said

Trying out the Global Agenda demo! It's good the get a shooty dose of Scifi again. I haven't had that since Tabula Rasa. Amazing how many people speak glowingly of TR now, considering that the game closed for lack of players. I suppose I just have a soft spot for desperate dystopian futurism...

Posted: Mar 27th 2010 12:24PM (Unverified) said

just resubbed a month to AoC

Posted: Mar 27th 2010 12:41PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
clearly you are a troll, so congratulations on your arrival to the internets.

Posted: Mar 27th 2010 12:45PM (Unverified) said

Lotro here, for the free weekend, free horse travel, extra XP, and the Spring festivities!
I've already managed to get my extra special Inn League House Keg, festival deeds, and a token for a Spring Horse, plus I've lost count of how many shrews I've stomped on (must change my boots as they're getting a little.. icky).
Make sure you get a Fellowship going when you're stomping shrews as all those party kills will count towards your deeds.

Say hi (name='Amana') if you're on Elendilmir!

=)

Posted: Mar 27th 2010 3:03PM BubleFett said

Beta testing Martial Empires.
Aion knock off, wth it's free.

Posted: Mar 27th 2010 3:30PM (Unverified) said

Haha - I had to look it up (it's called 'Seven Souls' in Korea).
You weren't wrong - at first glance you'd actually mistake it *for* Aion lol:
(gameplay kicks in at about 1:00min)

It's even got the ingame cutscenes, 'shugos-alikes', an almost identical UI.. hilarious!

The odd thing is though, that I watched the entire video and actually started thinking "hey this actually looks half decent".
And by that I mean really fast run speed, fast mob takedowns, exciting looking combat moves, and some 'Final Fantasy-esque' vehicles..

BubleFett I presume you're playing the NA beta?
Let us know what it's like! (Unless you're under NDA of course)

There I was about to pan it for being such an obvious copy, but ironically I think I look the look of it more than it's source material (Aion) lol.

Posted: Mar 27th 2010 3:04PM Pingles said

I am sticking to F2Ps since I get so very little time to game nowadays. Just can't justify a monthly payment for an hour or two per week of game.

So it's Allods and Runes of Magic.

Posted: Mar 27th 2010 3:06PM Pingles said

Will we be getting any semi-live updates from Pax on Massively? Or will it all be dumped when they get back and write things up? Was hoping for any new news or info.

Posted: Mar 27th 2010 4:03PM (Unverified) said

Enjoying the last few hours of the APB beta.

FUN!

Posted: Mar 27th 2010 5:30PM BubleFett said

@Amana
Yup well there is already a review of it on another MMO site.
Is not that bad needs some tweaking with the frame rate.
Animation is good.
Is beta so I'm not expecting much for now.
If you like Martial Art mmos like 12SKy 2 or 9Dragons then
this would be up your alley. Too bad there is no flight, lol.

Posted: Mar 27th 2010 7:26PM Bueno said

Trying out Global Agenda for the first time thanks to your Free trial link a few days back. So far It's more then I expected but at the same time doesn't have that "hook" to keep me coming back for more. I'll keep dabbling though.

Mainly I've been leveling my Conqueror in AoC. Almost 80 now and eagerly awaiting Rise of The Godslayer.

Posted: Mar 28th 2010 3:26AM (Unverified) said

Mr. Greene, I suggest if you're going to be working as a professional that you change your email address to something more appropriate. Emailing someone @thatgaynerd just makes me lose any respect I may have had for that person.

Posted: Mar 28th 2010 3:28AM (Unverified) said

Or Twitter, whatever the case may be. :)

Posted: Mar 28th 2010 6:33AM (Unverified) said

I'd actually have to agree.
While you may very well be gay, and a nerd (both of which are absolutely fine in my opinion, btw) it's something that barely ekes professionalism in this context.

I know, I know, where does one draw a line? Is 'spouseaggro' an endearing term technically? Are 'nyphur' or 'sypster' professional-looking?

If it were my site (which it is not) I'd simply have Massively.com email addresses for all of the writers as their publicly displayed contact point, and leave the personal twitter accounts for discovery elsewhere.

And yes, I realise this article is about the personal goings-on of the writers, but it still appears under the Massively banner and for all intents and purposes is therefore sanctioned (in the eyes of readers anyhow) as such.

Well, that's my $0.05.

MMO Week in Review: Happy New Year!

Posted on Dec 28th 2014 8:00PM