Posted: Mar 27th 2010 10:18PM aurickle said

All very interesting and cool stuff.

But where is the LotRO news? It's been a banner year for DDO while LotRO has gotten a mini-expansion and a few average updates. There certainly hasn't been anything like the first year of LotRO (which saw the additions of Evendim and Forochel in addition to the big Mines of Moria expansion). Yet Turbine continues to remain silent about what's in store for LotRO. It's starting to feel like that game has become Turbine's red-headed stepchild. Very sad.

Posted: Mar 28th 2010 12:01AM Mr Angry said

Yeah I got to say, LOTRO is getting short shrift here.

They have a very patient community, but right now, new players love it, as they can enjoy all the old content, but very little new stuff in quite some time.

I take it they are working on something huge, and I mean huge with LOTRO, or they are in total disarray.

Regardless, they got until around October/Cataclysm to pull their heads out from whatever they are doing to make LOTRO a success going forward, otherwise, they are going to find it hard to recoup some of the subs they had from bored WoW players.

The biggest fantasy IP out there and this year we have had a mini game to stamp on shrews in a small instance and a few quests to visit NPC in the existing world, piss poor.

Posted: Mar 27th 2010 11:31PM (Unverified) said

So good to see the MMO I finally found and decided to settle in still have room for improvements! While I'm not worried about the new adventures (i'm still a level 4 in a test character), the future additions and UI enhances are very exciting. I'd love to see some local chat - I found it sad that you can't see the person's chat over the world - and more of platforming/exploration on the wilderness areas... Also, some pretty difficult Rare Encounters! - they are somewhat easy to deal with.

Keep up the good work, Turbine! - you managed to make a person who had given up on MMOs find another thrills and challenges!

Posted: Mar 28th 2010 1:40AM (Unverified) said

I wanted to click 'Like' but all I got was this lousy comment option.

Posted: Mar 28th 2010 5:55AM Greeen said

So what is happening with the EU version? Is that receiving any enhancements as the F2P US versions? Or is Codemasters still pissed off that Turbine decided to do a different model?
I have quit the EU versions due to the US (didn't have any too far advanced characters, so it didn't "hurt"). But I miss my guild that stayed behind, since most have invested so much they don't want to restart.

Posted: Mar 28th 2010 6:31AM Temko said

i feel with ye, i started on the NA servers after quiting EU due to codemasters being utter imbecils.

but i'd have loved to get my raid group and lvl16 chars over :( (i stopped played just before module 6)

Posted: Mar 28th 2010 11:21AM Renko said

I moved to the US version and wouldn't dream of returning to the EU.

Codemasters have soooo missed the boat. Makes me concerned about playing the EU Jumpgate Evolution when it eventually sees the light of day.

Posted: Mar 28th 2010 9:52AM Rialle said

• 1 heart
Yeah, I'd like to see LOTRO news here. In my opinion LOTRO is a better game, overall, than DDO. Considering that they have a large amount of area they could potentially add to LOTRO, I really want to know what they will be doing next.

I also hope that we do not see LOTRO going to the F2P model. I do not think it suits LOTRO, and while I think the F2P model serves a certain niche, I do not really think it is the "future" of MMOs.

Posted: Mar 28th 2010 10:27AM DancingTaco said

I somewhat agree here, however if the F2P model brought as much of an increase to Lotro as it did to DDO maybe we would see more updates as those have seemed to fizzle out the last year. They might possibly even open up more of the map, which I am beginning to think will remain at best 60% open once we get to Mordor...

Posted: Mar 28th 2010 1:22PM pcgneurotic said

Personally, I'd rather see less updates, expansions and new Books etc to LOTRO, as long as each time they're as great quality as they have been so far. The idea that Turbine are somehow cooling on LOTRO is utter insanity for so many reasons, so if they don't have anything interesting to report, fine. You know when it comes it'll be more than good.

Posted: Mar 28th 2010 3:04PM Rialle said

I'm just interested in a general update on what to expect next, not that I want said content extremely quickly. I just reactivated my LOTRO sub and am leveling a new toon, so it isn't like I'll get to whatever they are working on soon.

Since I don't think Turbine releases official sub numbers, I'm not sure how many players LOTRO currently has as active. I know lots of players are coming back to DDO now that it is free, but the key is how many of them are actually buying any of the pay content?

Why I Play: ArcheAge