Posted: Mar 26th 2010 1:15PM Randomessa said

I think we should get the functionality to filter certain games/editors right AFTER we get the functionality to filter certain commenters as well.

That way, we can all enjoy this site while safely ghettoised into our own narrow perspectives, hi-fiving one another and agreeing on everything all the time.

Posted: Mar 26th 2010 1:15PM Pingles said

Get over yourselves.

It's an MMO. Maybe even a GREAT MMO that you're gonna skip because the subject matter isn't "cool".

Oh, so elves and Gnomes ARE cool? Vampires aren't?

Guess what. I'm gonna wait til I hear about what the game is like before I start proclaiming my masculinity by rejecting anything my friends might think is uncool.

Posted: Mar 26th 2010 1:26PM Danieros said

What makes a game good is its value - basically game quality, service and pricing. And I really won't speculate about it based on announcement even though "F2P" MMOs usually fail very hard on one of these aspects. We'll be able to discuss more when we get to actually play the game and when we get to know how important and affordable the item mall will be.

Unique theme does not make it an automatic success, but it does sure appeal a target market that is looking forward vampire MMOs because of the fad (yes, there are those who always wanted to see a vampire MMO, but it's thanks to "new popular" vampire-based stuff like True Blood, The Vampire Diaries and Twilight that there appears to be a viable market for a major vampire MMO nowadays).

Posted: Mar 26th 2010 3:39PM whateveryousay said

They aren't complaining because of the subject matter of the game. They are complaining because it's a free to play game. They believe that all f2p games suck and all p2p games are epic.

Posted: Mar 26th 2010 1:19PM Jef Reahard said

Beau, I lol'd at the opening two lines. Nicely done sir.

/tiphat

Posted: Mar 26th 2010 1:58PM SgtBaker said

But..but.. I want to play Team Bella!

Posted: Mar 26th 2010 2:12PM alucard3000 said

I 2nd your opinion

Posted: Mar 26th 2010 2:13PM alucard3000 said

this was meant for ricotez and an mmo with werewolves killing vampires somehow the reply click didnt take lol

Posted: Mar 26th 2010 2:13PM Samael said

If they make it good it might be worth a try. I happen to like Vampires and Vampire myths. And no Twilight is not about Vampires, it is a complete and utter butchering of the vampire myths.

If they make it anything like Twilight I will not be paying attention, but a nicely done Vampire MMO can be really good. Specially if they allow you to play as werewolves as well. It would be a fun PvP, though I do not like PvP much.

Posted: Mar 26th 2010 10:14PM Dandmcd said

This is IGG, they aren't going to make a good game, so you may as well keep looking. This company just makes free shovelware for a quick buck or two, the games never have much substance or depth to play for more then a few days.

Posted: Mar 26th 2010 2:26PM Its Utakata stupid said

Dear god...I think any vampire visiting the IGG homepage will have the bejeezus scared out of them just by looking at it. The colors...it burns my flesh!

Posted: Mar 26th 2010 4:54PM (Unverified) said

Not interested until a Vampire:The Masquerade (and all the other addons/game versions by White Wolf set in that world) is made.

I wanna be a mage Harry Dresden style!

Posted: Mar 30th 2010 5:57PM LeeGWeaver said

then you don't want a white wolf game you want an Evil hat game they have the IP for dresden RP game. currently going to press as a RPG using the Fate system.

Posted: Mar 26th 2010 4:59PM (Unverified) said

I have no interest in several games that Massively reports on but I have these built in features that allow me to skip those stories and only take interest in articles i want to read they are called free will and a brain.Some of you may want to invest in these features.

I will wait and see with this game when more info etc are released.Having a vampire does not mean it will be a good game anymore than having any other non-fantasy setting makes a MMO better,though others seem to think otherwise heh.

Posted: Mar 26th 2010 7:06PM wjowski said

Wish there was a function to filter out the whining of obessive-compulsive nerds with an overly-narrow definition of what an MMO is.

Posted: Mar 26th 2010 10:59PM Addfwyn said

The important question is:

Do the vampires sparkle?

Posted: Mar 27th 2010 5:13AM (Unverified) said

Isn't IGG just a portal company for imported games?

Are they actually developing a Moonlight mmo or are they just renaming some import to draw customers?

Posted: Mar 29th 2010 9:58PM pcgneurotic said

Not long ago, I remember an article here - something like, 'What's the worst possible idea for an MMO?' And Twilight came out as everyone's idea of the biggest joke you could play on MMOG players...

Posted: Mar 30th 2010 10:14PM (Unverified) said

the werewolves had better be playable.

Posted: Apr 4th 2010 3:26PM (Unverified) said