Posted: Mar 26th 2010 6:06PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
I wouldnt call it exciting, while AOC may be a nice game it is by no means a great game, it may look very nice, it may play very nice however there is a distinct lack of depth to it. Feat trees are bland and to be effective everyone uses the same build +-10%, everyone looks the same aside from raiding there is nothing to do and once you have full T1,T2 on 3 or alts it gets pretty boring. There is ZERO character customization once at 80, nothing to do solo at 80 (the crafting is a joke tbh)

That being said its a nice game now and leveling is really really fun but once you hit 80 and raided a few times its dull as dishwater.

Posted: Mar 26th 2010 8:52PM (Unverified) said

Funny, I can take "AOC" out of your comment and insert any MMO and it would still make sense lol

Posted: Mar 26th 2010 9:18PM Valdur said

This applies to any other MMO on the market.

Posted: Mar 26th 2010 9:19PM Neurasthenic said

Uhh...
You know they've got an expansion coming out that seems to be adding a lot of potential depth, right?

I mean, yeah it's not out yet, but I'm pretty sure their entire point with Rise of the Godslayer is to address those complaints.

Personally, I just resubbed and I'm going to get my Bear Shaman to 80 before the expansion hits. I'll use him to check out the new endgame stuff, and then start another character in the new zone.

Posted: Mar 26th 2010 7:00PM Deadalon said

• Half a heart
Did I get this right or are each class forced to pick one side in each pairing ? So.. friends that play together will not be able to do so cause only one faction will get you some rewards in that paring ? Seriously ?

Thats just crap work. They are not giving ppl 12 factions to choose from ... they are forcing ppl to NOT play together - even if they wanted.

Posted: Mar 27th 2010 5:42AM M1sterLee said

You're not forced into anything. You can still play with your friends. Factions offer more than just armor sets so they will have something for you if you don't want/need their armor and some of the factions are available to all i.e. they don't have opposing sides.

Seriously.

Posted: Mar 27th 2010 7:48AM (Unverified) said

You're not locked to a faction. you can change factions at anytime by regaining honor for the other faction

Posted: Mar 27th 2010 12:46PM (Unverified) said

The factions aren't for PvP.

The Dungeons are viewed as Common threats to all factions, and each dungeon will have the potential to drop gear for each faction.

The factions only separate characters in their look and play experience, they do not prevent players from playing together.

Posted: Mar 26th 2010 8:15PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
Why would I be excited about a ton of faction grinding? That does nothing but make me NOT look forward to the expansion.

Posted: Mar 27th 2010 5:45AM M1sterLee said

Not so hot with the reading are you?

Here I'll make it easier for you...

"Faction armor will be available through three different ways. Buying it straight from a faction vendor, as drops from encounters and dungeon encounters and finally from a token vendor who will accept tokens as payments (these tokens are found throughout the expansion content from boss encounters)"

Posted: Mar 27th 2010 10:59AM Relentless Waterfall said

Don't know much about the game, but AoC screenshots sure are beautiful.

Posted: Mar 27th 2010 1:21PM Lateris said

@ Supertrooper you should try Eve Online. Once you spend about 6 months on it you find that there are new things to do in the game within space, but it is based on your own free will. LOTRO is a nice game as well. Saga of Ryzom has depth. There are lots of ex SWG players in any of those games. MMORPG's are growing with development tools so content can be implemented more quickly. I love how LOTRO can throw content out in the drop of a dime when they want. Same with SWG. Anywho....

I really like AoC and I am looking forward to the expansion. I like the direction that Mr. Morrison has set the game in. I hope they keep him on the team because no one else can deliver the same way for the community that he can. There is depth and always room for more growth in AoC or any MMO.

Betawatch: October 18 - 24, 2014