Posted: Mar 25th 2010 6:22PM (Unverified) said

You forgot to add in pod cast of Champions probably the best champions pod cast in the world.

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 6:51AM (Unverified) said

It would probably help many to also give an overview of Champions Online, where the IP comes from, what has occurred since launch, and what is planned for the future.

Maybe thats 2 posts, in any case it is great to see this column appearing!

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 10:22AM charlieromeobravo said

Given how popular this game isn't and rapidly it isn't changing, I've got to wonder why Massively has decided to start this column now...

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 4:31PM (Unverified) said

A new zone was just added. A handfull of new powers will be added to the game as the Supernatural powerset is redone. Martial Arts will get some much needed fixes afterwards. Eventually we'll have something like the "issue" system CoX has in the form of "Adventure Packs". A new pvp arena has been mentioned as well. How much more rapidly do you want it to be?

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 11:51AM (Unverified) said

Seems to me that with the newest, free expansion for Champions Online that a lot of new people are starting to play it.

As someone who comes from WoW I really appreciate the ability to really own my characters, customization is awesome and ongoing.

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 12:26PM charlieromeobravo said

If that's true, where are they at? VB? The main original zones (MC, Canada, Desert) had 10+ instances the first month of play and during the Blood Moon event. Now there are only 2 or 3 for each. Some people, like me, might be coming back and checking things out but it doesn't look like a lot.

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 1:05PM (Unverified) said

Saw 12 instances of Millenium City the other night and 5 instances of Canada.

I'm really enjoying the game, they do need to do something about the social aspect, I've teamed up a few times, but you really don't need to. Haven't really found a supergroup either, not sure I'm ready for that kind of commitment with 5 level 80s in Wow and all of which are trying to raid in ICC.

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 4:03PM (Unverified) said

You certainly need to team up if you plan to do any dungeons in the game. I know I couldn't of taken on both White Rhino and Chimaera in Moreaus lab a couple nights ago. It took the combined effort of me tanking, one of our celestials healing me, (I was just the best at tanking among the group, I wasn't a tank) while the other celestial and our electricty blaster focusing on doing the damage just to take on White Rhino by himself.

Some of the crisis zones can be tricky to solo as well. Only reason I soloed the final boss of the Lemuria crisis is because my two teammates had given up. I died about 10 times before I finally was able to finish him off, too. So maybe the game doesn't require teaming, but it certainly makes things a hell of a lot easier.

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 3:29PM (Unverified) said

Poz, the new Executive Producer, has stated that teaming is way up on their list. They are definitely investigating ways to improve that aspect. CO has grown leaps and bounds in the past 6 months and judging from Revelation and the Supernatural review, it is just going to get better.

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 4:34PM charlieromeobravo said

• 1 heart
Given the state of the game when it launched and how it stands now? *More* rapidly.