Posted: Mar 23rd 2010 5:38PM karnisov said

Seccia Ravenloft indeed. I'm sure Strahd is rolling over in his sarcophagus. :P

Posted: Mar 23rd 2010 6:44PM (Unverified) said

Well I think warlocks are more the damaging type than summoner. They may seem a bit weak to normal mobs, but against a group they can be pretty tough.

Really there is no duo mage setup that probably wouldn't work for solo/duo content. A enchanter and dps class combo would work well for the same reason as the the summoner/dps set up would. Both chanter classes get mezzes and stuns, as well as a pet class in the form of a copy of themselves or a charmed mob, and have spells that increase damage output and so forth.

Posted: Mar 24th 2010 1:38AM (Unverified) said

Haven't played EQ 2 for a few years but yep, I remember the lock being an AoE direct damage dealer not a pet class.

As for enchanter/caster dps, dunno how great that would be in the newer zones. I have read that they have made many mobs immune to charm and at least some crowd control.

It's actually one of the reasons I haven't seriously considered re-subbing. My old main was a coercer. Loved the class but I want to actually be able to consistently use it's CC abilities :(.

Posted: Mar 23rd 2010 8:10PM TheGreatMachine said

Can warlocks still tank-mage?

Posted: Mar 24th 2010 8:29AM GreenArmadillo said

I'd definitely say to put an enchanter in there if you're set on two mage classes. The crowd control, and potentially the extra pet, are a pretty big deal, and enchanters are reasonably useful at endgame (while the conventional wisdom is that summoners are still less than optimal). Any and all healers will make a good combo as well.

Finally, you might consider a Troubador if someone decides they'd rather melee after all. Trouby's aren't the best solo, but all the buffs will do a lot to boost your caster counterpart.

MMO Week in Review: QueueAge