Posted: Mar 23rd 2010 4:45PM (Unverified) said

Decapitation is the fastest, most humane way to kill something, allowing the shock to fade from news memory rather quickly.

Posted: Mar 23rd 2010 6:31PM (Unverified) said

Kind of a case of killing it before it ever was anything to begin with, isn't it? I'm trying to remember this fanfare you mention and all I can think of is a message-of-the-day back then about something called SLim, and thinking "hey cool, maybe they're addressing the need to be connected while away from the main computer". Nope, they never even implemented such a thing. It wasn't an IM client like the name suggests. It wasn't even usable on any device unless you *already* had the full SL client installed on that machine. In other words, it totally missed about 90% of the use cases for a mini-client.

I've seen vague ideas about various people trying to deliver on a genuine mobile/work IM client for SL, have any of those ever come to fruition?

Posted: Mar 24th 2010 2:38AM (Unverified) said

There is one app on itunes. It's buggy though. Crashed almost all the time for me. If they can get it to work - it's going to be really nice.

Posted: Mar 24th 2010 4:47AM (Unverified) said

I can only reiterate that the easiest, most flawless way to achieve IM/chat without using the full SL viewer is - in fact - use a text only viewer.

My personal favourite is the Radegast viewer, other options are SLLiteChat and MetaBolt (the latter having some quite obnoxious pay-per-click advertising pushed into your face).

Posted: Mar 24th 2010 12:05PM (Unverified) said

Hmmmmm - Interesting timing - March 22 - Vivox Goes Social Network With Facebook, Wave, And Ning via Virtual World News

Posted: Mar 25th 2010 10:25PM (Unverified) said

I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you! I never, ever saw this coming. ;)

PAX Prime 2014: Going on a deer hunt in H1Z1