Posted: Mar 22nd 2010 5:59PM Joshua Przygocki said

Heh, not much to say about this one, seems kinda weird but at the same time it could be fun. Guess we won't know till it releases eh?

Posted: Mar 22nd 2010 6:26PM DrewIW said

"Actually there are no factions in World of Tanks as, say, German and American tanks will fight side by side in one team."

Killed it in one sentence.

I guess I'll be skipping this one.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2010 6:47PM Firebreak said

Color me disappointed as well. I will still try it out but it has missed the mark in my book with that little bit.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2010 7:17PM karnisov said

yeah no factions is kinda lame. if they had done a more polished and focused WW2 online i think it could have done well.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2010 7:53PM Renko said

Same here, was looking rather interesting right up until the last question.

Posted: Mar 23rd 2010 3:45AM (Unverified) said

Well, they promised historical campaigns in future - guess there'd be factions there - so no problem for me. Moreover, some German-only or British-only clans will be allowed as well, I assume. Sounds like a fun game though I'm not expecting 100% realism from it. Waiting for the cbt to see whether it's worthy or not.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2010 6:41PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Well, thanks for this article -- it pretty much killed any interest I had in the game, so now I know not to waste my time. The game isn't "World of Tanks", it's not an MMO. It's an online shooter with tanks instead of infantry and an unlock tree. I'm sure it could be a good game, but it's not an MMORPG.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2010 8:19PM arodriguezc said

Love how people with negative comments always posts. I like the article and actually looking forward to play this game. It is carving it's own niche and hopefully it will do well. best of luck and when is this game coming out?

Posted: Mar 22nd 2010 8:56PM Avantime said

I'm thinking it will be a BF1942 with only tanks and a persistent world, or something like Auto Assault.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2010 10:57PM (Unverified) said

Sense there are clans I wish they would change the format somewhat to being able to build tanks, artillery through resources, and forth.

And what is wrong with modern tanks?

Posted: Mar 22nd 2010 11:16PM (Unverified) said

my god my grammar, fuuuuu

Posted: Mar 23rd 2010 5:12AM (Unverified) said

Well, why do people grumble that there are no factions? The game will have clans in it. I am sure some of the clans will be rather national and will only accept members with tanks of certain nations. Also, it is very wise of the developer to make no predestined factions as this kinda worsens the relationships between different nations. Quite wise. All of the responsibility for that in the game lies upon the players themselves who choose how to fight: in a multi-nation or a single-nation clan.

Posted: Mar 23rd 2010 7:12AM (Unverified) said

At least this is something new. 60 brutal tanks deathmatch? Works for me!!!

Posted: Mar 23rd 2010 6:16AM (Unverified) said

Clan gameplay in such a game is good. Moreover absence of factions gives me and my future clan to test different combinations of different tanks, like german King Tiger and Soviet T-34-85. I think that's a good idea to get rid of factions as they are. Still waiting for beta-test

Posted: Mar 23rd 2010 11:49AM (Unverified) said

Custom colored tanks unacceptable and tasteless? This guy must hate Tank Girl.

Posted: Mar 24th 2010 2:01PM (Unverified) said

For factional Gameplay just do the Clan Wars mode of the game, your clan will be able to fight for control of the world with 100+ grids on the world map.