Posted: Mar 23rd 2010 6:23AM Georgio said

Why do we still wonder that an asian MMO with crappy support fails in the west ? Is it not obvious that this is a clear recipe for failure ? Cabal only joins the club of the other one time hit asian grinders. They are released and abandoned on the market and they count only for the initial sales made due to hype and have no intention to have a long term life plan.

Posted: Mar 23rd 2010 11:24AM ultimateq said

I think I hate myself for this, but the first thing that popped in my head after reading this article is "finally, I hope a few more bad Korean MMOs join it."

But I don't even know that it IS a Korean MMO, I just assumed that it is. I don't ever wish for any MMO to close down, cause I know that it breaks many peoples heart when they do.

Posted: Mar 23rd 2010 11:30AM (Unverified) said

I would of played Cabal but the fact that it was not available to persons out side the North American continent boggled my mind. A substantial amount of players are living in other countries other than the US that may have played the MMO. They crippled themselves in their exclusivity and this may have indicated so.

Posted: Mar 23rd 2010 1:52PM (Unverified) said

Nobody cares about this game. It's small-time and should have never launched in the first place.

Posted: Mar 23rd 2010 1:57PM Mr A said

OGPlanet thought Cabal Online would offer something unique to players, because hack and slash and grind, and hack and slash and grind, is something unique? I played it for a week, that's all it was.

Posted: Mar 23rd 2010 9:19PM MewmewGrrl said

I hate it when people keep commenting on an article that lists the wrong information, when somebody else has told us the right information in the comments. I know it's a pain sometimes to read all the comments, but this game is NOT shutting down in the West. It's just being taken over by the original people who made the game, and they are supposedly transferring characters and such too.

Here is the real announcement:

"OGPlanet is no longer in management for North America region of CABAL online as the contract expired.

However, North America service will be continued by ESTsoft itself.

According to the contract between OGPlanet and ESTsoft, current North America service will be handed over as it is now so all data of users and their characters will be remained if they agree.

ESTsoft, as development company will provide latest contents update and qualified service to North America region and we are being prepared to show improvement as much as CABAL is beloved by North America service users."

As you can *plainly* see, it is not shutting down in the West at all.

Posted: Mar 23rd 2010 9:35PM Seraphina Brennan said

Just to clarify, all of this was changed after this article was published. That information was not available at the time of press.

We have a follow up article in the works guys. Keep it calm, we're on it.

~Sera

Posted: Mar 23rd 2010 10:39PM Omali said

@Seraphina Brennan:

"That information was not available at the time of press."

It was available, but for some reason OGPlanet didn't bother mentioning it at all in their press releases that the game would continue running under the actual developer's staff, preferring to make it seem that the game was shutting down completely. I suspect bad blood between the two companies.

I stumbled upon the new website by accident, seeking out Cabal's website writing up my own article that Cabal would be shutting down following a similarly mis-informed tipoff, so don't feel like you've missed the elephant in the living room.

Posted: Mar 24th 2010 1:49AM MewmewGrrl said

I also wasn't saying anything bad about Massively or the posting of this article, I was more upset at the people who were still commenting, bashing the game and various things, talking about how it's going down and why it "failed" here and such when Omali had already posted up the comment about how it wasn't really going down (and the links to prove it).

I wasn't blaming Massively for posting the information, you posted up what OGPlanet was letting people know, I was upset at the people who were making comments based on news that we knew wasn't true anymore. If it seemed I was putting down Massively somehow during such comment, I wasn't. Nobody can be right all the time especially when a company is giving you half the story, and this is truly my favorite MMO website now and one of the few that I absolutely check all news each day on.

I guess people can't read every comment, but it was the trolling insulting way people were being when speaking about it, just read the comments there from the people and see how they were being. That they were gloating and playing "I told you so" and various other silly things when it actually wasn't going down (and the info that it wasn't was right here in the comments), that just upset me...

Posted: Mar 24th 2010 9:40AM Omali said

With how some of the commenters act, you would think Korean MMOs murdered their family.

Posted: Jun 2nd 2010 2:08PM (Unverified) said

So many wrong info about the game its unbeleiveable. Played 5min? bored? every game is like this... i have played wow for 5years u know what? 1-20 is the biggest peice of crap STILL even tho i have downed LK (not hard but furthest content).

I love wow
I love cabal
I love runescape

No game is it fun at the start.

Wow starts at 40.
Cabal starts at 65
Runescape is lame until spec attack/Ancient Magikz.

At 50 on cabal u get a new map... woop... at 65 Lake In dust dungon... 2-3 levels a dungeon (1hour) u can jump insanly fast then ruina station to 110. Took me 3days 65-110. Mind u i needed to skill after but wearing all the new gear felt great and new abilitys.

No game sucks, They are just slow to get started.