Posted: Mar 22nd 2010 7:21PM Interitus said

This to me is another example of games Massively neglected to cover, only mentioning that it is closing down. They have their roster of games, and they rarely seem to go outside that.

I don't blame massively obviously, but they could work more towards highlighting smaller title games. Instead of telling us everytime Game X puts forth a spoonful of information

Posted: Mar 23rd 2010 12:21AM whateveryousay said

I couldn't seem to reply to your follow up comment on this but I just had to say I agree with you 100% that Massively could certainly expand their coverage of the many many mmo games out there. I understand that the site must report on what's hot and what most people are into, which is why there's always a lot of articles on games like FF XIV and SW:TOR, but there could definitely be room for more variety in coverage.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2010 7:31PM BubleFett said

I would agree with interitus.

But I'm sure that Cabal will appear again under another
publisher. RF online was pick up by webzen when Codemaster
lost the license. I don't see why it would not come back
there were players on the servers when I play it a week ago.
But a lot of spammers.

Posted: Mar 23rd 2010 3:09PM RaxorX said

I played this game for a little bit, it was not great but this is unexpected.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2010 7:44PM (Unverified) said

A simple search of the word Cabal would have shown you that your post is completely unnecessary. Cabal was neglected for many reasons. Bots, extremely grindy, even for a Kor. MMO, towns so full of shops you couldnt see the landscape, but mostly bots IMO.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2010 7:51PM (Unverified) said

Never heard of this game...

Posted: Mar 22nd 2010 7:53PM (Unverified) said

Massivley.com is not required to cover every MMO under the sun. This game is a flaming pile of dog turd. Play it for 5 minute. Try to disagree. I'd rather not see the EQ2 column or other great features pushed down even a minute early just because they are "Expected" to cover this scummy game.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2010 9:45PM Interitus said

Certainly not every but what harm is it for Massively to expand their horizens. Report about some other games aside from their usual roster. It might even bring in some new readers. Too many times, especially recently the only thing Massively has reported for an MMO is that it's shutting down. I mean look at it, the latest article is that Fallen Earth is 6 months old. Surely there is a game that could be reviewed or re-reviewed or some lesser known MMO that could be spotlighted

Posted: Mar 22nd 2010 8:01PM Zantom said

This was actually a decent Eastern FTP MMO. I didn't stick around because I'm not a big fan of that type of MMO, but of the ones I dabbled in I thought it had something going for it. It shows that this segment of the market is pretty saturated. A shame really.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2010 8:50PM (Unverified) said

So a Korean F2F grinder that was already 3 years old when it was released in the West failed. Shocking!!!

Posted: Mar 23rd 2010 2:57AM kasapina said

It didn't fail, it's merely changing publishers.

I liked the game, which is weird considering my aversion to grinders. Got to about level 60, I still login occasionally, get a few levels and leave.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2010 9:04PM (Unverified) said

Your definition of "decent" must be so otherworldly different than what I know.

Cabal has 3 Maps. Yes. 3 Maps. That's the entire game. You level up to 150 (or is it 200 now in Thailand, my country? I'm not sure) within these 3 maps. Of course you get to access some instances but most of them are just a bunch of rooms connected together LINEARLY.

No crafting whatsoever.

Instance and dungeon access keys = Cash shop only. Well you can buy it from other people with in-game money but... uhh...

And don't let those concept arts fool you, the game looks worse than Anarchy Online. Seriously.

Good riddance.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2010 9:07PM whateveryousay said

There was crafting in the game...

Posted: Mar 22nd 2010 9:15PM whateveryousay said

All I can say is, good. ogplanet let this game (and most of their others) get overrun with hackers and spambots. They deserve to have their license taken away. I've played so many ftp games out there and i've only ever been hacked in one. Cabal. Never shared my account info. Never bought gold with real money. Never did a thing that would account for being hacked. The game became a mess, and whether or not you liked it because it was a grind is one thing, but those of us that enjoyed the game were heartbroken to see it end up in such a state. Hopefully the next publisher will do a better job, or perhaps we will just have to wait for cabal 2 for a real change.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2010 9:23PM Russell Clarke said

Wait! Only Derek Smart can save them!

Posted: Mar 22nd 2010 10:29PM (Unverified) said

The north american support was always shit in cabal thanks to OGplanet. Not surprised to see this happen.

OGplanet failed hard and i hope they never get another license again.

Not that cabal was any good either way but even when i tried to give it a shot it was a nasty experience thanks for OGplanet.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2010 10:35PM MewmewGrrl said

Yikes, OGPlanet lost their best game. People don't like to re-start when another publisher takes over tho, so I wonder if it's down for good or if someone else is making a better deal to run it?

Posted: Mar 22nd 2010 10:43PM Omali said

Cabal Online is not shutting down in the West, ESTsoft has denied an approval of OGplanet's contract to operate Cabal in the west. If you go to cabalonline.net, you will find this message:

"OGPlanet is no longer in management for North America region of CABAL online as the contract expired. However, North America service will be continued by ESTsoft itself."

It goes on to announce that servers and characters will make the transition, and remind people to activate their sub-password, as it may be mandatory to get back access your account after the transition.

So Cabal Online is going nowhere...Well at least for now.

Posted: Mar 23rd 2010 12:11AM Its Utakata stupid said

Wait...what...a F2P shutting it's doors in the West? Blasphemy! These games are the "wave of the future!" Surey such models are guarantee to riches and success! And at the same time will kill off anything smells like a subscription model...

...I could go on, but someone might peg me for a troll. :(

Posted: Mar 23rd 2010 12:28AM Vagrant Zero said