Posted: Mar 21st 2010 6:37PM (Unverified) said

Cheers Brendan, this is awesome - i've been wondering about getting into Logistics, and my corp supports the idea.

Posted: Mar 21st 2010 7:07PM Firebreak said

Welcome to primary.

Posted: Mar 21st 2010 8:25PM Joshua Przygocki said

Might get back into EVE and try more support and bigger group activities like pvp and missions.

Posted: Mar 21st 2010 9:13PM (Unverified) said

Just remember that you should never bring one logistics to a pvp roam. The minimum is two, as you can guarantee that a logi ship will always be called primary first. With 2 logistics, you can often keep the primaried ship alive while the fleet downs the enemy DPS.

Posted: Mar 21st 2010 9:17PM (Unverified) said

You can sometimes get away with using a single Scimitar to support a small gang if you use range and speed to your advantage, but I do agree that in general you're gonna want a minimum of 2.

Posted: Mar 21st 2010 9:15PM (Unverified) said

Glad to see some coverage of my favorite ship class in EVE. Flying a logistics ship means missing a lot of killmails, but there's a lot of satisfaction that comes from keeping your friends alive against all odds.

I recently made a video of some logistics action from an excellent 0.0 battle, hopefully it encourages more new eve players to work towards logis.

Let me know what you think: http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1003/WH-2EZ.mkv

Posted: Mar 21st 2010 11:33PM DrewIW said

Another important function of Logistics is to provide capacitor to capital ships, which can greatly speed up a jump chain, and minimize the vulnerability of supercapitals.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2010 6:14AM Rodj Blake said

Let's not forget that carriers are also often very useful when it comes to remote-repping.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2010 7:21AM Brendan Drain said

Indeed they are, I've been getting a lot of first hand experience of flying a triage carrier on wormhole ops recently. As I said in the article, I'll be covering carriers, PvP and wormhole ops next week.

Posted: Mar 26th 2010 3:11PM (Unverified) said

Thanks for these columns. I just started the trial recently, with my only experience being an earlier trial experience in 2006, and your columns are tremendously useful, as well as being a good read in their own right.

MMO Week in Review: It is your Destiny