Posted: Mar 20th 2010 10:13AM karnisov said

i'll wait a while and see how much further the price drops. the Global Agenda player numbers on the steam stats page aren't doing much for me:

from http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Current Peak Today
578 989 Global Agenda Live

big decline over the past few weeks.

Posted: Mar 20th 2010 10:14AM karnisov said

that 579 current players and 989 peak players today, thx for comment formating removing tabs.

Posted: Mar 20th 2010 10:39AM cforciea said

I don't know that the actual numbers are worlds better than that, but keep in mind that Steam isn't even the only source for GA digital distribution. At least some players probably picked the game up during the sale through Hi-Rez's own store a couple of weekends back.

Posted: Mar 20th 2010 10:50AM karnisov said

@cforciea: the hi-rez sale was for a steam key. reference GA forum on steam: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13873485&postcount=7

so those units that were sold in the sale are factored in to the steam user numbers.

Posted: Mar 20th 2010 10:32AM DarthCheese said

Good news I guess... however I still won't consider buying it unless they offer some sort of trial.

Posted: Mar 20th 2010 11:14AM elocke said

Exactly. Need a trial these days for all games. Especially PC games as you can't trade them in if they suck.

Posted: Mar 20th 2010 11:21AM Joshua Przygocki said

I loved this game but it did get kinda boring, haven't played since the big updates however so I might go back for a bit.

Posted: Mar 20th 2010 11:34AM (Unverified) said

The grey market keys for this are down to $19-$25. Sometimes the grey market is an indicator of title popularity. Other times it is just a better deal to buy keys from a different region.

Posted: Mar 20th 2010 4:05PM DrRumpy said

No disrespect to the developers who I am sure worked hard to make the game.....but...the PVE is terrible. It is bland beyond description. Instanced missions with little challenge that last 5-10 mins on carbon copy but maps populated by stupid AI mobs that die is seconds.

The only reason to play is for Conquest. If you care at all about owning a hex on a map with your guild. Attacking other guilds to take their hex. At a specific window of time every day.

I feel sorry for Hi-Rez. There are some good ideas in GA. It just didn't come together as a compelling product :(

Posted: Mar 20th 2010 5:16PM (Unverified) said

Obligatory warning for those unfamiliar with the game - massively is pushing this as an MMO for some reason; it is not. It is pretty much the same game as Team Fortress 2 - an online shooter. You get put into a dome city with a central room and like 5 offshoot rooms. Every thing is instanced. You walk up to a console which shows you what looks like any other FPS's server selection screen and you teleport to a match. The company is trying like hell to justify collecting a monthly fee for what every other shooter gives you free, but oh well - MMO is a buzzword these days and is every marketing guy's next big idea.

Note - it is not a bad game as a FPS, but if they're going to write about GA here then they need to give equal time to TF2, Bad Company and the Call of Duty series - each also have pieces that are persistant - you build up your character, get new weapons etc...

Posted: Mar 20th 2010 5:52PM Psychotic Storm said

The question stands what does an MMO make?

I have played shooters that allow you to interact with more humans than your standard MMO team allows you.

Posted: Mar 21st 2010 4:54AM (Unverified) said

I do agree that calling GA an MMO might be stretching a bit, but it does offer more than "every other shooter"

For 40 bucks you get standard play for life, PvE and PvP instances. You can optionally upgrade and pay monthly for persistent Global PvP in which you capture and hold territory.

You also fail to to mention (or maybe you just don't know yet) the upcoming changes, many of which have already been included, such as open world zones allowing for larger than 10vs10 PvP and several new AvA missions aimed towards smaller agencies (theft missions etc). 4v4 Arena play is also in GA now. Which also makes the stat tracking worth mentioning, which is plentiful and accurate.

You won't find many games these days with the replay value that GA offers. Even if you never subscribe you can always play pvp and arena matches forever.

Posted: Mar 21st 2010 10:32PM (Unverified) said

I'm aware that the game released without chat and the new patch didn't open up the dome. "Capturing territories" is just a leaderboard presented as hexes on a map - you're not capturing territories that you can visit or mine or anything. Do the hexes contain the same map and features each time you enter them? Would you recognize one from the other or remember fighting in a specific area if you went back? Most importantly, is every hex unique?

Posted: Mar 21st 2010 1:16PM (Unverified) said

They won't see a dime till I see a trial. Then maybe.

Posted: Mar 21st 2010 5:23PM (Unverified) said

You can't use the promise of upcoming changes as a reason to buy or subscribe to the game. MMO's are a genre that have been rich on promises and poor on substance lately. GA is the same as all the others, I bought it, got bored within a week, never played it again.
I looked forward to this game for so long, but to me, it's like Hi-rez don't know what they want it to be. The PvE is terrible, the PvP is good but there's no real "hook", it's a crying shame really.

Posted: Mar 21st 2010 8:45PM EndersGame said

As a tester for this game, I thoroughly enjoy watching Erez's game flownder to stay afloat

Posted: Mar 22nd 2010 11:30PM (Unverified) said

Having read this news article I am afraid to say I went and wasted money on this tripe, it's not even accomplished as an fps, the graphics are dated and the maps far too small as are the size of the teams, calling it an mmo is an insult.

There were fewer people logged in today than there are on my old swg server, quite telling for a game so new. I didn't stay long enough to assess conquest as its already deleted from my system, I have been gaming since the days of the zx80 and I can honestly say I have never removed a game so quickly as I did with this, went and bought bbfc2 instead and having a much better time, GA is complete garbage and is clearly dying the quick death it deserves.