Posted: Mar 19th 2010 2:26PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Mortal Online is the shittiest game I have ever played. I have played many betas up to this point, but damn this game sucks BAD. All the systems are unfinished and the lag?

Fanbois and their support for unfinished alpha products is pathetic!

Posted: Mar 19th 2010 2:47PM Saker said

• 1 heart
Agree!

Posted: Mar 19th 2010 2:34PM wjowski said

• 1 heart
Garbage players for a garbage game.

Posted: Mar 19th 2010 4:30PM Mr Angry said

• 1 heart
No. It's not OK to enjoy MMO's, you should know that by now.

I didn't think Mortal Online was that crappy myself.

Also how come I didn't need to say anything about the screenshot to get such an angry response to a post, I'm not feeling needed around here anymore :(

Posted: Mar 19th 2010 4:32PM Mr Angry said

Sorry for some reason my response ended up on your post, I put it down to some complicated website bug, rather than my inability to click the correct 'reply' button, however.

Posted: Mar 19th 2010 5:00PM ultimateq said

Wow, Get off MO's balls already. So you don't like it, who cares, don't play it. I probably won't. I'm going to wait for APB I think.

Posted: Mar 19th 2010 2:38PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
When Xaan says

"Starvault had recently added an amazingly realistic day/night system to Mortal Online"

But... If by 'realistic', you mean they turned the gamma down to ZERO, then I guess it's realistic. For the rest of us it's total crap. And campfires don't give off light either.

Turning the gamma down to 0, no reflective light sources... and that is realistic? Even the moon does not give out light... and its "realistic" ??

You guys at massively do know that this system is broken and people are hacking it to play all the time in the day time right? Can massively staff please get their information correct before making an article that lies about a broken system?

Posted: Mar 19th 2010 2:44PM (Unverified) said

Dude, chill and re-read the post. Massively did not say that; Xaan did. Massively simply quoted him. Xaan != Massively (to my knowledge).

Posted: Mar 19th 2010 2:46PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
They posted his comment to act like it was the truth when they have not even test it out themselves. I am sick of the fanboys lying about this game to try and get people to buy it when its a complete disaster!

Posted: Mar 19th 2010 2:46PM Neurasthenic said

That sentence was a quote from Xaan - I don't know why you're criticizing Massively for not "getting their information correct" when all they've done is quote someone who enjoys a game that you obviously have something against.

Take a chill pill, they post a freaking screenshot with a casual descriptive quote (that I happened to think was pretty neat)... And what exactly do you want them to post, instead? A news story about how some particulary whiny folks on the internet get excessively angry about the weather patterns in some particular online game?

Posted: Mar 19th 2010 2:49PM i2hellfire said

nerd rage much? you read too much into a screenshot and a simple write-up.

Posted: Mar 19th 2010 3:20PM Seraphina Brennan said

Our policy with our One Shots is to post the text story that the reader sent in, as long as it's not like a giant flame or derogatory or something else that we might need to censor.

Obviously Xaan's opinions are not our own, and isn't it ok for someone to enjoy a game? Perhaps you do not share Xaan's perspective on the game, and that's fine.

But, it seems that Xaan is having a good time, and he has a neat screenshot to boot. We'll talk about our opinions of Mortal Online when we have them prepared, in our own opinion columns. Not to worry. :)

~Sera

Posted: Mar 19th 2010 2:43PM (Unverified) said

Who won?

Posted: Mar 19th 2010 2:48PM AlamoeJones said

I think Massively posts Mortal One Shots so often just to bait all the haters ;)

And of course not at all because the game is beautiful and some people might be genuinely enjoying it.

Posted: Mar 19th 2010 2:50PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
Game is beautiful with all the bugs? The game is going to fail and shutdown in a few months due to the lack of fanboys

Posted: Mar 19th 2010 3:13PM Distaste said

Beauty does not make a good game. The game isn't even that pretty. Sure from FAR FAR away things look nice but up close the land is barren and the world is soulless.

I played the game. It's intriguing until you figure out that there is absolutely nothing to do besides try and get decent armor, which isn't hard, and once you've done that...there is nothing. Crafting is needlessly tedious. Combat is slow and awful. Honestly there is very little reason to even leave the vicinity of the towns. You'll be just as happy playing WoW running from the bank to AH over and over again.

The thing about sandbox games is you can go anywhere and do anything but in Mortal you can go anywhere but there's nothing to do.

Posted: Mar 19th 2010 3:08PM Pingles said

Uh, if you didn't have fun in that game then don't play.

Somebody is enjoying it. Guess what, if they "trick" someone else into trying it then that person can decide for themselves if it's good or not.

Let folks decide for themselves. Enough with all of the accusations and rage.

Posted: Mar 19th 2010 3:55PM alucard3000 said

I would rather hear both sides and decide not just 1 side say its beautiful with very little info beyond that then spend my money and find out I wish that I had waited.
Anyhow the game looks decent just everytime I played it it was a tedious run to find simple things like pigs and rabbits to kill(of which some liked to hang out at the bottom of a river) and then if you happened to die be it to the pig or half to the pig the other to someone jumping you in mid fight you had to run ghost back to priest the do the whole tedious run back to where you where you were, not my idea of fun sry.
And I agree pitch black dark is not realistic unless its a new moon cycle or your in a dense wood, being in a wide open field with a large full moon there will be ambient light enough to see fient outlines of things enough to maneouver somewhat

Posted: Mar 19th 2010 4:25PM Relentless Waterfall said

Nerdrage is always ugly, whatever the reason.

Posted: Mar 19th 2010 4:31PM Mr Angry said

Nonsense, nerd rage is the gift that keeps giving!