Posted: Mar 19th 2010 12:43PM (Unverified) said

This is fantastic news! Although WAR is a deeply flawed game, its still my favorite PvP game out there. Lets get some more ORvR going and forget about those damnable scenarios for a while. Lets have a Tier 5 dedicated to players at lvl 40 and RR40+. Lets give Shadow Warriors, Magus, Engineers, Zealots, and Rune Priests some balance.

Posted: Mar 19th 2010 12:56PM Dopamin said

Man, I was hyped for that game back than and loved the beta. Then, 2 weeks after launch: Bang! Couldn't touch it anymore. Seemed boring and pointless all of a sudden.
But I definately like leveling in this game more than in any other. Some of the open world PVP is pretty intense and the class balance and mechanics are great. I also like the idea of the free low-level gaming.

So, I want it to be successful and achieve lots of more players. Who knows, if the (or another) expansion really pulls off some big, deep changes, I'm gonna give it another try again.

Posted: Mar 19th 2010 3:06PM Valentina said

Warhammer just wasn't what people were wanting...It was way too restrictive in world design, you litterally followed a road up to each tier, there wasn't a very open world feel, and very little to explore. The PvE was also very very week and under-developed. These are two things I hope BioWare works on, and then maybe I would find my way back onto their servers.

Posted: Mar 19th 2010 3:36PM (Unverified) said

WARS producer of the week in the last update letter all but said they were going to take the PVE game cut it's throat and let it bleed out in a alley somewhere. Giving the finger to the only demographic that might have hung around isn't Good news. Bioware or no..stupidity still reigns at Mythic.

Posted: Mar 19th 2010 7:08PM (Unverified) said

I'm guessing that you don't play much WAR. PvE makes up next to nothing in WAR. It's all about Scenarios and the ORvR lakes. Those of us still playing the game are doing so because its mostly about PvP. The PvE elements of the City Sieges are almost universally hated amongst the player base. We've been asking forever to actually get an RvR endgame and now the producer is finally listening.

Heck, you need to RvR before you can even get to the City Siege, so I have no idea what you mean by cutting the throat of the PvE game.

Posted: Mar 19th 2010 3:58PM Deadalon said

I did read it as they were gonna expand the added content... in the "future". Nothing really about new expansions.... To me it sounds pretty clear.... They are trying to keep it floating as long as possible without adding anything to the game.

Posted: Mar 19th 2010 5:23PM (Unverified) said

Whatever happened to that babbling English idiot? He disappeared pretty quick after launch.

Posted: Mar 19th 2010 7:24PM archipelagos said

Hopefully he stays lost.

Posted: Mar 19th 2010 10:00PM (Unverified) said

Ah the shameless lying clown. I hope we never see or hear from him again. Ever.

Posted: Mar 19th 2010 8:06PM Greyjoy said

Just DAOC unfortunately :(

Posted: Mar 29th 2010 4:13AM (Unverified) said

WAR will last until THQ release 40k Online. Then it's playerbase will like dry up like a frog left in the open in Death Valley.

Posted: Mar 30th 2010 12:20PM (Unverified) said

I suppose letting Bioware tink around with Warhammer will give them some practice managing an MMO before Star Wars: The Old Republic launches. I really like this partnership and hope that Bioware injects some life into Warhammer. I thought it was a good game held back by simple complaints.

Betawatch: December 13 - 19, 2014