Posted: Mar 18th 2010 10:44AM (Unverified) said

Wow, this game is beautiful. Definitely going on my watch list.

Posted: Apr 14th 2010 8:36PM (Unverified) said

Hey Jarin, this game does look fantastic, you should have a look at some of the Tera beta footage at http://terammo.com - some of the areas and scenes look great

Posted: Mar 18th 2010 11:12AM (Unverified) said

Posted: Mar 18th 2010 11:48AM (Unverified) said

Eek - what's with the ridiculous running animations??

Posted: Mar 18th 2010 11:11AM (Unverified) said

On my shortlist along with SWTOR. (LEGO is on my interim list).

Hope it is not too grindy, and not bland gameplay.

Posted: Mar 18th 2010 11:44AM (Unverified) said

Which one? LOL

TERA is going to be a grind fest, likely not worse than Aion. Trouble is I bet it won't released in the West until a successful East launch so maybe 2011...

Will good for a game to have gfx that appear to rival AoC.

Posted: Mar 18th 2010 12:51PM (Unverified) said

Whoa - sorry for the slightly off-topic comment, but has anybody seen this before?

I stumbled upon it while looking for Tera footage so it's mildly related hehe.
If that video's showing the actual gameplay combat in 'C9' (which it looks to be) then color me interested! More-so than Tera, that's for sure..

Posted: Mar 18th 2010 1:52PM Macabre 13 said

Whoa, that gameplay trailer makes me want to touch myself.

That's exactly the kind of combat I'm looking for. Definitely gonna find out more about this one.

Thanks for the link!

Posted: Mar 18th 2010 1:39PM archipelagos said

If it wasn't for the lack of characters with wings I'd think this looked like an expansion for Aion, such is the similarity. Hopefully it doesn't make the same mistakes.

Posted: Mar 18th 2010 2:39PM TheJackman said

Did people not learn anything from Aion? Pretty graphics does not make good game play! Look like yet a other Grind fest! Remember that this game is not target at us at all but it target the China market where people like grind to dead? Well it look that way...

Posted: Mar 18th 2010 4:28PM Pingles said

I was excited until I saw that it was a monthly-fee game.

With monthly games turning to item stores I have decided to stick with free-to-play. With the limited game-time I have I am saving a lot of money.

Posted: Mar 18th 2010 5:46PM nomoredroids said

Not everybody's doing that, just those butt holes at Cryptic. Oh, and Blizzard, but they hardly count.

Posted: Mar 18th 2010 4:29PM Joshua Przygocki said

It's all one big world right? That's what I understood from the hands-on but when you say zones I think about instanced areas like in most mmos.

I agree, I hope it's not too eastern, but if they can learn from others' mistakes and realize that a majority of "western" mmo players don't like the same things that the "eastern" players do, this could make a smooth transition.

Posted: Mar 18th 2010 5:16PM (Unverified) said

No one's considering the difference in combat compared to Aion. Darkfall is "grindy" but it's targeted towards a Western market, no? From what I've heard, TERA seems to be the Korean market's DF.

With good mob AI and fun combat, there could be little complaint as to whether or not I'm killing npc's all day (and perhaps a focus on group play would help too).

Posted: Mar 18th 2010 7:01PM Audacious said

There seems to be an increasingly common trend with MMO's recently, which I'm glad to see: Action/Adventure style gameplay with RPG elements, as opposed to purely RPG style fighting.

I suppose I'll need to replace the clunker of a computer I've got if I want to get into a few of these fancier MMO's.

Posted: Mar 18th 2010 7:27PM Zontix said

I hope you're taking notes from this guy Jack.