Posted: Mar 18th 2010 10:37AM (Unverified) said

Awesome, waited so long for the F2P model since i am from Europe and never was able to play past lvl 4. If you have not tried FF yet you should. Its not as childish as it seems. It has all the core MMO parts plus a more active combat system than 95% of all MMO out there. Plus some really challenging Jump and Run parks. Its not as dull as some reviews said. If you really want to optimize your Nano and Gear etc it does nothing worse than others. Beside that its quite amazing what they did with the Unity Engine. There is some impressive stuff on their site and all runs directly in your browser.

Posted: Mar 18th 2010 10:37AM (Unverified) said

Sorry if I'm missing it somewhere, but could you elaborate a little more?

As in:
- is Fusion Fall going absolutely 100% F2P?
- Is there a cash shop?
- Is the game limited in some fashion?

I played at launch, but since then all I've ever got from trying to log in more recently is this: http://www.fusionfall.asia/ ("coming soon to Asia Pacific")
Odd that I used to be able to play here in Australia but now, apparently, I can't.

Since I can't even get to their website (it redirects no matter what I do) I can't check details for myself. I don't remember if there was a Cash Shop when I played back at launch.. I don't think there was?

More details please =)

Posted: Mar 18th 2010 10:39AM (Unverified) said

(Confusion via posting at the exact same moment)
My question is directed at Beau.

Posted: Mar 18th 2010 10:53AM Beau Hindman said

Well, I can answer two of your questions only: "On that date, you can experience everything that the game has, every zone, enhancement and mission for free."

So, there ya go. :)

Beau

Posted: Mar 18th 2010 11:02AM (Unverified) said

Haha yah thanks Beau ;p

Allow me to ask more directly then; In what way will Fusion Fall be generating revenue?

Posted: Mar 18th 2010 11:02AM (Unverified) said

Haha yah thanks Beau ;p

Posted: Mar 18th 2010 11:04AM Beau Hindman said

I will have to ask for more details on that.

Beau

Posted: Mar 18th 2010 12:01PM Nymo said

Interesting how SOE began limiting new free accounts to level 5 on a majority of their jobs on Free Realms a few months ago, and now Fusion Fall does this. Not to mention all around FR's one year anniversary.

well, Can't wait to get back into FF, seeing how my beta-character has been locked in the members-only area since launch...

Posted: Mar 18th 2010 2:41PM (Unverified) said

Free Realms has basically become a subscription game with an unlimited trial (sort of, I don't think you can do anything in that job once you reach the "free" limit, other than Adventurer and the TCG). Also, most of the new things recently have been member only. On the up side, the cash shop seems to mainly be fluff items that don't give players unfair advantage. Of course with the new easier combat that isn't an issue anyway. With the new guy in charge it will be interesting to see where FR will be going in its second year.

As for Fusion Fall I might give it a try when free, but if the combat is Tabula Rasa style, probably not.

Posted: Mar 18th 2010 2:43PM TheJackman said

Like they will offer anything for free maybe they will be add support I hope you do not need not install some crap spy ware to can play it! But this game is like 100000 times better them that free realm crap!

Posted: Mar 18th 2010 3:30PM Omali said

Trust me, you do not need not install some crap spy ware to can play it.

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 10:48PM (Unverified) said

I've been keeping up with Fusionfall a little bit ever since its launch, when I had to give up my level 11 beta character. Now that Fusionfall is going COMPLETELY free, I believe this is going to be my main mmo. I grew up on Cartoon Network, and their shows are timeless. Mix that together with the unique playing style, frequent updates, manga-style characters, and hundreds of Cartoon Network-themed items to trick out your character in, and you've got your self either Fusionfall, or a similarly amazing browser-based game!

Betawatch: October 18 - 24, 2014