Posted: Mar 16th 2010 8:53PM Lateris said

I haven't logged into this game since a few months after release. I finally did so a few weeks ago. The performance of the engine has really improved. The PvE content is now there. This is actually a great game now. And I was one who was really bummed on how it was released and swore it off. I have not played PvP yet so I cannot comment on those mechanics. But this update is good for the AOC community. I have loaded the DX 10 version of this and it looks amazing. The DX 9 version looks amazing. I think it is worth giving it a try.

Posted: Mar 16th 2010 7:57PM (Unverified) said

its sad that this game didn't launch at 1.07

Posted: Mar 16th 2010 8:05PM (Unverified) said

If the update has anything to do with the picture I just subbed :P

Posted: Mar 16th 2010 9:57PM Its Utakata stupid said

I think this has to do with more of with this article that came up yesterday, DylanGrissom:

Note the top left hand corner icon in the subject's screen shot is the exact same dude pictured center right in the seedy AoC loading screen depicted above. Thus the image this article is likely Massively's way of tipping the hat to that nice catch. Leasts that's my speculation. :)

Posted: Mar 17th 2010 3:51AM ultimateq said

Well you're comment just made my day.

Posted: Mar 16th 2010 8:52PM (Unverified) said

Seems like these guys continue to make the right decisions with the right attitude and approach. Amount of returning and new players is the poof of that and their reward. Good to see both ends happy.

Posted: Mar 16th 2010 11:20PM (Unverified) said

Just gave this a try last week. I missed the release as I was in the midst of a Warhammer fervor. I am glad I missed it.

But, I am even more glad that I picked it up now. It has been a really amazing game, thus far. Just hit level 23 and I am into Cimmeria and killing Vanir. The graphics are amazing, the quests are fun and the combat is a refreshing change from the norm.

I look forward to getting to the level cap and the release of RotGS. My one complaint in game is the smallish size of the maps and the instancing, something they are supposedly alleviating in the expansion.

Even with that slight problem, I am loving it so far. Can not wait to see higher levels and get into some raids and such!

Posted: Mar 17th 2010 4:30AM (Unverified) said

Glad to see Massively tipping the hat, indeed. Also, AoC does have good combat, and the DX10 client is finally stable enough for me to enjoy.

Posted: Mar 17th 2010 4:51AM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
"The performance of the engine has really improved." - only if you're lucky ,many people suffer lag despite their top range computers.

"The PvE content is now there." - you will run out if things to do quicker than you think, after you done with weekly raids there is nothing to do, crating isn't worthwhile.

PvP is one of the worse i ever played, every one joins same map again and again, where always one side is premade. Sieges are laggy and cause crashes.(that is in a game claimed to be PvP centered).

Only i agree with is that game should have been released in current state

Posted: Mar 17th 2010 12:53PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
If the game actually had something to do with the picture instead of a more pretty looking version of WoW, I might have been interested.

Posted: Mar 18th 2010 10:42AM Tom in VA said

If AoC were reasonably soloable, I'd probably give it a try, but (apart from the very beginning part/tutorial) it sounds like it's not from what little I've read of it. A pity, really. A Dragon Age-like MMO would really hit the spot about now...

I enjoy grouping occasionally, but I sure hate being held back from getting anything useful done when I can't find a group.

Swordsman launches today