Posted: Mar 15th 2010 12:10PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
Eve - where taking screen shots for wallpapers is 55% of the game.

Posted: Mar 15th 2010 12:45PM nevin said

And how long till we see the article of several billion ISK siphoned in wallpaper competition scam?

Posted: Mar 15th 2010 1:39PM vatrak said

That's as stupid as asking: 'How long till Chribba scam for billions of ISK'

Posted: Mar 15th 2010 2:18PM (Unverified) said

To above poster: in other words, not at all impossible. Who knows Chribba has been slowly setting up the biggest scheme ever in EVE history. Stories about people famous for being reliable proving they're not reliable at all pop up so often I'm amazed anyone dares to trust anyone in this game at all anymore.

Posted: Mar 15th 2010 2:22PM Brendan Drain said

CrazyKinux is one of the most trusted and integral members of the EVE community, that means far more to him than a little ISK. If I didn't trust him implicitly, I wouldn't have posted this story or agreed to co-judge the contest!

Posted: Mar 15th 2010 2:55PM (Unverified) said

@Brandan Drain:

I'm just saying, in EVE such a massive scam doesn't belong entirely to the realm of possibilities. Certainly, CrazyKinux has done a lot for the community and is one of the most trustworthy people in EVE Online; if there's anyone who I would trust with my money it's him (of course I would also trust Chribba). Still, this is EVE, and there's always that slimmest, slightest chance it might be a scam. You never know for certain, there's always a bit of risk in anything that requires you to trust someone else. That's what sets this game apart from the other 'theme park rides', and ultimately is why we play it and love it.

That said, if I manage to renew my subscription before the end of this contest (I have a lot of stuff going on right now, but should have more time on my hands soon), I will most certainly participate. Like I said before, if there's someone who I'd trust with my money, it's CrazyKinux.

Posted: Mar 15th 2010 2:17PM (Unverified) said

Digging through my EVE screenshot folder as of this moment. I already have a few candidates. Darn, I forgot just how beautiful this game looks when you press [Prt Scn] at the right moment (and how ugly it looks if you press it at the wrong moment).

Posted: Mar 16th 2010 12:53PM (Unverified) said

Update: The total winning is now over 1 Billion ISK, due to a large donation from Lonetrek Hosting.

Posted: Mar 16th 2010 3:31PM (Unverified) said

Thanks mate!

Posted: Mar 25th 2010 11:29PM (Unverified) said

Dang over 1 billion now... I will start looking through my screenshots and see if I can't put that into my bank.

SPAM REMOVED