Posted: Mar 14th 2010 1:12PM Canucklehead said

I feel I got out of the gate too late with EVE which is why I never gave it a fair chance. Articles like this make me want to get in on the ground floor of anything new CCP comes up with!

Posted: Mar 14th 2010 1:28PM Lateris said

If you do make sure you join a corp(guild). It will really help you get a positive game play going for ya!

Posted: Mar 14th 2010 1:53PM (Unverified) said

I restarted my sub to EVE about a week ago, after taking an extended (almost two years) break. I was looking forward to "walking-in-stations" then... and now I still am. :) I hope it ends up being in the next patch after Tyrannis, although I am also really interested in trying the planetary stuff.

Posted: Mar 14th 2010 2:16PM (Unverified) said

I remember at one point CCP said Incarna (or Walking stations, or what ever you want to call it) would be released in 2010. I haven't heard them say anything about pushing the date on that back, so hopefully we'll see it soon.

Also, really looking forward to tyrannis.

Posted: Mar 14th 2010 2:12PM (Unverified) said

"The World of Darkness MMO currently doesn't exist but CCP has a lot of people working on their mysterious "Project X"

WHAT !?!? I have been looking forward for this MMO since 2006 !!!!! :( WTF is Project X ????

Posted: Mar 14th 2010 2:33PM Evy said

Don't worry. CCP/White Wolf have confirmed several times that a WoD MMORPG is in development. I do wish they'd say more, because I've been waiting for it since 2006, too.

Posted: Mar 14th 2010 3:17PM (Unverified) said

Yeah you're right Evi... They should say something about this game soon.... Especially since they said it would release this year the last news we got from them.... I don't think it will release this year, but they should able to show something, since they thought it would be done by now last year....

Posted: Mar 14th 2010 4:52PM Seraphina Brennan said

Project X is the World of Darkness MMO, so no worries there dear. :) Torfi was just being a bit of a tease.

Plus, seeing that some CCP staffers have "World of Darkness Dev Team" on the back of their staff shirts instead of EVE Online, I think that speaks volumes. =)

Posted: Mar 14th 2010 2:29PM (Unverified) said

Incarna sounds like fun, and I am anticipating it. However, I still think that the main focus of EVE is spaceship pewpew, and Incarna will change nothing about that. I am happy to hear CCP is making sure it'll become more than just a 3D chatbox though; with a system of illegal, social-oriented missions it actually has the right to exist. And it'll give me the chance to slightly redesign my character; I've never been completely happy with his portrait.

Posted: Mar 14th 2010 4:39PM Mode7James said

Honestly I'm still not sure about planetary interaction.... I was really excited at first, because they were saying "you can be a tyrant, you have control of little people on the planets, etc"

From what I've seen on SiSi, there's no interaction with you and the planet's inhabitants, and it's basically like a glorified moon-mining minigame.... For being "halfway there" they sure have alot of ground to cover between now & May....

Posted: Mar 14th 2010 5:10PM pcgneurotic said

I have to agree, the whole thing about 'icons on existing graphics' does sound a bit underwhelming, but in light of all the other awesomeness coming down the pipe, I'm prepared to overlook. :)

Posted: Mar 14th 2010 5:29PM Mode7James said

I reserve my judgment just yet, and yes there are lots of awesomeness coming down the pipe.

One of my hopes, is that they increase the textures of the planets (like they used to be on SiSi right before Dominion launched) in planet view mode. The reason is when you zoom in, the textures are pretty crappy.

Also, even if we can't see models on the actual planet, it would be good to see a window that shows our module on the ground, and how it looks based on the planet type & everything.

I'm still hopefully they'll add countries and districts like they originally showed at the fanfest. They can do it with their system the way they made it in Dominion.