Posted: Mar 12th 2010 1:10PM Barinthos said

It seems like the next trend in MMOs is not only fantasy, but high paced action combat.

I won't lie, the trailer really piqued my interest in the game. But so have about 5 other MMOs that failed to deliver. But I'm an optimist...most of the time. So i'll wait to see more about this game before passing judgment :P

Posted: Mar 12th 2010 1:15PM Beau Hindman said

Well, I'm really excited about the fast paced combat but for one reason: I'm not very good at combat like that. I love Mabinogi's style, but that is a bit slowed down version of this it seems.

I better start stretching now. :) I can't wait to kick someone into a wall like that!

Beau

Posted: Mar 12th 2010 1:35PM Barinthos said

An MMO with God of War combat speeds? That would be pretty fun to play.

Watching the trailer again and it does really seem like it would be a great game to play.

Posted: May 15th 2010 9:03PM (Unverified) said

I'm so happy to hear the news. I have been waiting for someone to make this kind of game since foreeverrrrrrrr. i got so tired of mouse-clicking and I'm just gonna buy a game controller when the CBT begins.

and just ignore what suwndu123 says... he's just one of the fcking addicted who spent the WHOLE LIFE playing games, spending every penny buying "cash items" or whatever, and blaming the game instead when feel regret.

And listen suwndu123, you said it's fucking same shit over and over again. But whaat do you expect more from games?? You repeat the same move, killing mobs in every other game.....just like you are playing games over and over again.. LOL.
If you are not satisfied with the game, just go make one yourself... don't pretend you are ahead of others who haven't even tried out the game.
Lastly, don't curse yourself, or your country on websites....No one gives a damn if you are korean... BTW I'm Vietnamese, but I know Korean language, I'm little suspicious whether you r Korean, korean american, or Not, cuz "ching chong chang" sounds more like Chinese.... do you even know how to speak Korean? If u don't, don't even call yourself Korean....cuz You are fucking "No One"

Posted: Mar 12th 2010 1:14PM (Unverified) said

This game is actually called Mabinogi: Heroes in Korea and is currently either released or in Open Beta (can't remember). You can watch a ton of gameplay videos on YouTube.

Posted: Mar 12th 2010 2:08PM DevilSei said

Hell yeah, was about to say that myself.

Been really wanting to play this game, and now that they are releasing it here, I'm more than happy.

Posted: Mar 12th 2010 1:33PM (Unverified) said

Now this is going to insanely fast PvP...
I'm looking forward to a chance to play this.

Posted: Mar 12th 2010 1:25PM Mode7James said

I haven't viewed the trailer yet, but I'm getting a very "Dragon Age" vibe from the screenies

Posted: Mar 12th 2010 1:41PM (Unverified) said

@mrroboto40 Thats what I was thinking when I saw this. It is indeed Mabinogi Heroes

I wonder why they went with the name change. M:H I think is better than Vindictus. Maybe they are trying to appeal more to the lives-off-cheetos demographic.

Posted: Mar 12th 2010 2:26PM Averice said

• Half a heart
Looks like monster hunter but with new animations. /shrug. Not that exciting to me. Just because the avatar makes more motion doesn't mean the player is actually doing anything more than they would be in any other game.

Posted: Mar 12th 2010 2:48PM Cirocco said

Yeah I've seen this as Mabinogi Heroes too on YouTube and other sites, but what's with the name change to Vindictus? I first got wind of this action-rpger two years ago, and finally it appears ready for prime time. Looks like a 3D version of Final Fight and other co-op beat 'em-ups, or Diablo gone 3D. Action-rpg is the rage in Korea, it seems. Dragon Nest is another title that covers this territory.

Posted: Mar 12th 2010 4:27PM ZoneOuT said

saw some vids on youtube and im impressed the combat looks great I wonder how everything else works .... one thing is for sure its gonna be a change from the ordinary slow (boring) combat auto attacks we are usually used to in most mmos

Posted: Mar 12th 2010 4:36PM Beau Hindman said

The name change happened just to better fit the content. That's it. :)

Beau

Posted: Mar 12th 2010 5:24PM Bhima said

If the combat is as solid and gratifying as Dungeon Fighter then sign me up.

Posted: Mar 12th 2010 5:52PM Wensbane said

Nexon?!

Mabinogi prequel?!

Modified Source engine?!

Must... play... this... NOW!

Posted: Mar 13th 2010 2:54PM pencil said

How do you guys manage to get invites to everything so easily?

Posted: Jun 6th 2013 5:24PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
boss battles? poor story (really, it is a boring story)? yeah, it's another grind fest.
I would tell you not to get your expectations sky high, as you will be disappointed. After reading the info Nexon provided, it looks like nothing more but another grind-fest with shiny, Source engine. Period.

Posted: Mar 13th 2010 9:15PM Stormwaltz said

The trailer makes it look like all the console fighting games I don't buy or play.

Posted: Jul 19th 2010 6:37PM (Unverified) said

this game owns Aeon hands down, both in tactical and graphics.

If youve never played mabinogi then ud say im wrong, but if u have, then im right.

try mabinogi, you will see that it aint just click and wait until 1 of the 2 idiots die, mabinogi actually makes you do something else.

meaning, you can lose a fight w/out scratching the fox your fighting (hopefully nobodys that newbie)

Posted: Mar 22nd 2010 12:54PM (Unverified) said

anyoneone knows something about european release date?

The Daily Grind: Which MMO has the best fishing?

Posted on Oct 20th 2014 8:00AM