Posted: Mar 12th 2010 8:25PM RogueJedi86 said

Never seen "Knights of the Old Republic" abbreviated as KTOR. Whereabouts I've been, they abbreviated it as KotOR. Since "The Old Republic" drops the "Knights of" part, we just call it TOR. Silly of you to not have noticed. At least now you can go back and look at all the TOR news with a new enlightenment.

Posted: Mar 12th 2010 8:41PM Interitus said

I've also never heard of it as KTOR. Like RogueJedi86 said I usually see KotOR.. which is uaully just turned into KOTOR or kotor

Posted: Mar 12th 2010 10:58PM darthinfamous said

What about 15 large very open ended explorable planets? Would you enjoy that?

Posted: Mar 12th 2010 11:02PM (Unverified) said

If you look carefully at the previously released planets, you'll notice ample room and sandbox-like room throughout the majority of them if you check the videos and screens. My estimate brings each planet to be approximately the size of an area in WoW, if not slightly larger in some cases =). I wouldn't worry, more content is more content, they're avoiding the mistake of low content that most other mmos seem to be making at launch.

Posted: Mar 13th 2010 2:03AM Interitus said

Apparently they will have 16 fully fleshed out planets. And another 8 or so instance planets. So say you can visit a planet, you are sent to a specific area with a specific goal. Where the normal 16 are (I assume) near fully explorable.. but certainly smaller then the planets found in SWG

Posted: Mar 13th 2010 6:43AM Kellathon said

I can't find the quote for the life of me, but on the swtor.com forums, a guy asked "How big will each planet be? I come from WOW so how big will they be in comparison to the zones and stuff in that?" or something like that, and a Dev replied saying "We're trying to make each planet around the same size as a continent in WoW, maybe a little bit smaller."
So, yeah, big planets o_o

Posted: Mar 13th 2010 9:34AM Critical Mass said

I want to see articles about how the characters in The Old Republic MMO interact and how complex/simplistic the choices are. ^^

Posted: Mar 13th 2010 12:53PM niakori said

Have you seen the Developer's Walkthrough yet? It may give a little more insight to tide you over. I agree though I want more of "that" news.

Posted: Mar 13th 2010 2:24PM Critical Mass said

• 1 heart
I am happy to have learned from the videos on IGN, where the
developers have actually stated their motivations for making the
game. This makes it so easy for me to decide that I will never play
TOR. Because I have no capacity nor interest in partaking in
fantasies of heroics.

Only positive thing I have to say, is the cover system, which seem
like a novel idea, although it appear dumbed down.

Posted: Mar 18th 2010 3:53PM (Unverified) said

"This makes it so easy for me to decide that I will never play
TOR. Because I have no capacity nor interest in partaking in
fantasies of heroics."

I'd like to understand what you're doing here then?