Posted: Mar 11th 2010 11:31AM Draccan said

That's a whole lot of nothing. No news, no interesting questions, nothing but stuff you could google already.. *sigh*

Posted: Mar 11th 2010 12:02PM Tom in VA said

Have to agree with you 100% there, Draccan. Lots of fluffy packing here, not much in the way of, you know, actual content. :(

Posted: Mar 11th 2010 11:34AM Thac0 said

I would have asked him how your supposed to say Drizzt and why does everyone in fantasy make names with strange hard to figure out consonant combinations.

Posted: Mar 11th 2010 12:30PM (Unverified) said

@THAC0 I've always pronounced it using the English I know (Der-is-it). The spelling of his name uses a ' as in Drizz't which separates the pronunciation between "Drizz" and "t".

But I could be way off and totally wrong. I usually end up contenting myself to any pronunciation I choose, regardless of what story or name. It's too much trouble to always try to figure out the proper way. For me anyway.

Wikipedia says it's Drizzt Do'Urden(which would make it Der-ist Do-er-den), but I seem to remember it being spelled Drizz't, so I dunno.

Posted: Mar 11th 2010 12:42PM Jef Reahard said

Fwiw, Salvatore pronounced it "Dridst" (short 'i') during the interview.

Posted: Mar 11th 2010 1:09PM Gaugamela said

This interview was a bit disapointing... You could've asked him how it is to work with Todd McFarlane and if the world they're creating has some influences from his comics of Spawn.

Maybe ask him if the setting is pure high fantasy or if has some stteampunk elements. If it's the usual races of Man/Dwarf/Elf/Orc or if they were doing different races.

This interview just seems like you sat with the guy on a Starbucks and were having a discussion.

Posted: Mar 11th 2010 1:44PM JayFiveAlive said

Would have been nice to have one or two user submitted questions. Oh well!

I love Drizzt :)

Posted: Mar 11th 2010 2:08PM Valdur said

Dissapointing interview...just a pack of nothing :(

Posted: Mar 11th 2010 2:14PM Valdur said

Dissapointing interview :(

Posted: Mar 11th 2010 2:35PM drunkenpandaren said

People wanted hard info on the game, but instead they got a look into the world building of the game itself and call it a disappointing interview. This interview was and amazing look into the process that nearly every other developer goes through, Bioware especially with Dragon Age's library of background and lore.

Posted: Mar 11th 2010 3:31PM Thac0 said

I think i saw the interview the same as you did. It was nice to see a bit of the production side of things as far as writers are concerned.

Posted: Mar 11th 2010 2:46PM Scopique said

He's not the PR person. He'd probably get sued by his own company for releasing information out of line with their overall plans. The interview was about his specialty - writing - and his role in the team.

Posted: Mar 11th 2010 9:36PM JayFiveAlive said

Don't mean to pull traffic from Massively.com, but a very nice interview with Salvatore over at Gamasutra!

www.gamasutra.com/view/news/27645/GDC_RA_Salvatore_On_Building_Worlds_Copernicus.php

I truly love how Salvatore appreciates death penalties and the reward from success in a world with punishment.I hope Copernicus has it!!