Posted: Mar 10th 2010 11:35PM remover said

Unfortunately,
all their marketing lies: the first thing most players see when logging into the game is a bunch of elves running around.
Pre-order bonus was a stupid, ugly red and yellow (or purple and green for females) hood and elf mask that EVERYONE seems to have.

The game is no less silly than the things it tries to position itself away from. Complete with giant minotaur helmets, neon rainbow colored armor, "spartan" helmets and whatnot.

As a side note, the trailer was relatively funny. More enjoyable than the whole 'night elf mohawk' / celebrity wow commercial line.

Posted: Mar 11th 2010 12:23AM alucard3000 said

• 1 heart
omg it was a stupid ruse then and it even stupider now that they are still using it makes me want my money back even more MAG,BFBC2 doesnt have elves nor does EVE a legitimate mmorpg jeez they need to lose the lame gimmicks

Posted: Mar 11th 2010 12:42AM wjowski said

That's nice. Now tell us what your game *does* have.

Posted: Mar 11th 2010 12:50AM SgtBaker said

Turd. Lots of it.

Posted: Mar 11th 2010 12:55AM CheesecakeBandit said

Is it just me or does that elf remind me of Michael Jackson?

Posted: Mar 11th 2010 8:16AM Unshra said

Actually he reminds me of Carrot Top before he bulked up, I think it's all that hair.

Posted: Mar 11th 2010 1:18AM (Unverified) said

"Tired of Elves"?

No, HiRez. What I'm tired of is you trying to pass this off as an MMO.

Posted: Mar 11th 2010 1:33AM HackJack said

• Half a heart
Cut the bullshit, guys! This game is more than fine and Hi-Rez is great. STFU and GTFO really! You're starting to sound stupid :|

Posted: Mar 11th 2010 2:37AM (Unverified) said

lol.. so much qq. I play GA and tons of fantasy games as well as wow. This is just funny as hell lol.

Everyone is so damn serious, we're talking about GAMES, quit gettin angry its about FUN.

Posted: Mar 11th 2010 2:54AM Ingrod said

• 1 heart

How many MMOs have a territorial control system how that?

This is a real MMO, guys.

Posted: Mar 11th 2010 5:21AM remover said

Every dot is another place you can travel to in EVE online. Yes, all those thousands of tiny dots. Sections are reserved for player factions and NPC stuff of course, but corporations (or guilds or whatever) fight over giant sections of the map.
They build space stations and improvements that affect their defenses, military, industrial and other capacities. Global Agenda is the kids & casual version of all of this.

Posted: Mar 11th 2010 5:24AM remover said

Posted: Mar 11th 2010 2:59AM (Unverified) said

Ok Hi-Rez... I get it.. you're not a fantasy mmo.. jeez I got it the second I saw the website

Posted: Mar 11th 2010 5:13AM MewmewGrrl said

If they spent more time telling us what they did have rather than what they didn't have, maybe more people would be informed about the game. I don't care what a game DOESN'T have. Seriously that's all these ads have told me. Maybe it's supposed to make you interested so you go check it out, but it doesn't peak my interest at all to hear what something doesn't have, and then not know anything else about the product.

One of the few things I do know is that people are complaining about the elf masks so many people have, after they promised no elves. Why give away Elf Masks for people to wear? Isn't it just as annoying to get shot by someone wearing a goofy elf mask? They say no elves, then give elf masks so you see elves all over, I seriously don't get that logic.

Posted: Mar 11th 2010 5:15AM (Unverified) said

Okay, that was ackward.

Posted: Mar 11th 2010 6:32AM Dumac said

I found it very funny. Definitely funnier than any WoW ad.

Posted: Mar 11th 2010 7:36AM Damn Dirty Ape said

That is one tall elf.

Posted: Mar 11th 2010 8:02AM (Unverified) said

Time to lighten up kiddies; the trailer is made in fun, stop using it as your personal soapbox.

Posted: Mar 11th 2010 8:44AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Her poor meadow....

PS: Stop crapping on the game folks, its fine. The Devs are working their arses off bringing in the goods. It's an MMO game, get over it.... No one ever said it was an MMORPG.... People who complain about games like these are the reason the market is so stale. Someone does something different and they poo poo all over it.. and why? because it's not wow? Because there are no fairy's and pixies? because there isn't a gear grind at the end?

This game is great. If you are looking for a fairy tale go play something else.

Posted: Mar 11th 2010 9:17AM SkuzBukit said

A lightly amusing & harmless bit of fun, though in fairness I think the "no elves" ad campaign was stale before this even went into production.

New tactics please.