Posted: Mar 11th 2010 2:50PM PrimeSynergy said

This game would be so much better if the grind wasn't so huge. People who complain about the grind in Aion should be thankful it's nowhere as big as this. It's a good game, but the amount of time required is stupid.

Not to mention that getting good gear is impossible without a clan. You have to farm the same areas/bosses for weeks (days if you're lucky). Oh did I forget to mention that people can and sometimes will rob you of an important kill? So that makes getting gear even more of a chore.

Oh and those UPCs they talk about? Good luck getting one without buying gold or spending hours farming items to sell so you can buy the gold items you would need to get some of those UPCs in the first place.

The world and core concept/idea of the game is great, but it has so many surrounding problems.

Oh and in case anyone is curious, yes...I have played the game. Since launch. And I recently quit a few weeks ago.

Posted: Mar 10th 2010 12:15AM (Unverified) said

I am getting a hardcore gay vibe from this articles picture, that chick is huge!

Posted: Mar 10th 2010 4:12PM Tom in VA said

I'm really surprised this game is still alive and kicking. Yes, it's that bad.

Posted: Mar 10th 2010 10:01PM DiscoJer said

I played this for a year, then quit. A year later I logged in and it was almost deserted.

Posted: Mar 12th 2010 4:32AM (Unverified) said

this game, a grind? lol In my oppinion this has to be one of the most casual MMO's ever, in fact it gets partially boring since it's too easy sometimes. Your first team can easily get to lv 100 in less than 2 months witouth any help from others or cash shop... and I've powerleveled my alts to 100 in less than a week again witouth those things many times before. People who complain about grinding in this game have probably never heard of using the AFK feature for a couple of nights and see how far it will get them overtime.
And complaining about getting equipment, you're either clueless where to hunt/farm or you just don't know how to play the game. It's never been as easy as post 3.0 where some of the higher-end stuff drops from easy instanced fights. And the new daily events are just drop candy for pretty much any player that wishes to come regardless of strenght. And yes, this comes from a person that has spent a grand total of $50 in over 2 years of playing here.

Massively's MMO guide to Halloween 2014

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 11:00AM

The Daily Grind: Do you defend your favorite MMO?

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 8:00AM