Posted: Mar 9th 2010 8:06PM Redeye said

Can I suggest an article detailing MMO mobile apps in general? Great read!

Posted: Mar 9th 2010 9:17PM (Unverified) said

AFK Interactive is in the process of perfecting a mobile MMO cross-platform technology, starting with Fallen Earth - http://www.afkinteractive.com/m4-mmo-platform.php - they are exhibiting at GDC (booth #712) to demo the app on iPhone, Android, J2me (Java for standard feature phones), and Blackberry. here is a press release: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/icarus-studios-chooses-afk-interactive-to-extend-the-fallen-earth-mobile-companion-application-to-additional-mobile-devices-87131092.html

Posted: Mar 9th 2010 11:14PM (Unverified) said

.... and why hasn't Blizzard done this yet?

Posted: Mar 9th 2010 11:35PM (Unverified) said

"and why hasn't blizzard done this yet?"

Look at the app...you don't think there's a similarity between Fallen Earth and WoW's mobile armory? Look at the login screen alone for god's sake.

Posted: Mar 10th 2010 1:51AM (Unverified) said

I see the similarity, but why hasn't Blizz come up with ways to use guild chat and the auction house for example from your iPhone?

Posted: Mar 10th 2010 11:51AM (Unverified) said

Well they have, it just hasn't be released yet. A simple google search would reveal that, or if you actually kept up even with this very site. Pretty sure either WoW.com or Massively reported on the update to the Amory iPhone app...

Posted: Mar 16th 2010 7:22PM (Unverified) said

What they need to do is have in-game chat accessible from a browser / app.

I LOVED that in AO, I lived at two different houses (parents divorced) and I only had access to a game-running comp at one of them. Being able to talk to my friends and keep up to date with the people I played with was great.

Please tell me why no other games have adopted this?

Posted: Mar 17th 2010 5:22PM (Unverified) said

It's coming! AFK Interactive is working on a mobile app for Fallen Earth for Android, java feature phones, iPhone, and Blackberry - but the platform will be available for other MMOs to tap into, if they choose - AFK Interactive Brings the MMO Experience to Your Phone - http://www.pcworld.com/article/191373/gdc_afk_interactive_brings_the_mmo_experience_to_your_phone.html

Posted: Mar 9th 2010 11:45PM tk421242 said

So access to auction house from the IPhone regardless of ingame character location? I guess the annoying runs to barter towns is over for alot of IPhone users. Why make the run ingame when you can just log out, make the sale or purchase and then log back into the game. Or if the article is correct in the way it is stated, just have the IPhone app running while ingame and never have to go back to a barter town again.

Of course I do not own an IPhone, but if people have to pay for that service I do not mind them having it, more cash for Icarus hopefully means good things for the players.

Posted: Mar 10th 2010 1:10AM Bhima said

Anon,

There is a big difference between WoW's armory app that is really only checking web data from their database and Fallen Earth's app that will let you use the auction house. Blizz has talked about having this, but they don't have it yet nor do they have an ETA as to when they will have such an app. I'd totally love an AH app for WoW on Android!

Posted: Mar 17th 2010 5:25PM (Unverified) said