Posted: Mar 8th 2010 7:29PM Lateris said

Rubi-Even though I mainly play Eve I am really glad to see this for the STO community.

Posted: Mar 8th 2010 8:16PM (Unverified) said

To little to late for me. Cryptic is just a poorly managed company when its all said and done. I just unsubscribed yesterday from STO and have been playing EvE online and loving it. As I play EVE I really see how Star Trek missed the boat. I mean the unviverse of EVE feels vast and you can actually make a career of exploration.. finding new worm holes, nebulas, ancient stations and alien artifacts etc etc. Then I look at star trek online... You get ported into a crap grid map and then will have to kill 4-10 squads of enemy ships every single time and this is called exploration quest.

I really wanted to like Star Trek online. I grew up watching the show with my dad.. then ds9 through college.. I even watched voyager and enterprise just because they were star trek. This game that cryptic put out fails to capture the star trek theme. Instead we are left with some overly instanced game that feels like it should have come out on the ps2.

Posted: Mar 8th 2010 8:54PM (Unverified) said

While I did enjoy my years in eve you are desribing very new items to the game. Eve was not released with those features and was quite a static enviroment. Sure it doesn't have a grid that allows you to directly fly to any system, but after you have made the 90+ system flight from point A to point B you will wish it had that silly grid.

Eve and STO have one thing on common, space. Eve is a sandbox enviroment and once you attempt to play the game in low/null sec you will see the world without the lenses of it being fresh to you. I spent 3 years fight goons in space on the side of BoB and as a member of the top and then the bottom I can tell that STO is a lot less stressful.

Posted: Mar 8th 2010 9:07PM (Unverified) said

mrwuss said on 8:54PM 3-08-2010:
"Eve and STO have one thing on common, space."

Genius!

Posted: Mar 8th 2010 9:53PM (Unverified) said

And all this goes to show, is that Cryptic always intended to to push more effort into STO over CO. Huge fail, this company will never get another cent out of me.

Posted: Mar 9th 2010 2:51AM nomoredroids said

I'm not sure how this shows what you're assuming it says, but I can at least agree that Cryptic is never getting another cent out of me.

Posted: Mar 8th 2010 11:00PM (Unverified) said

Very cool. Good game only getting better.

Posted: Mar 9th 2010 2:22AM Dread said

Dear Lee,

Thank you for the lovely crayon drawing of our soldiers. I particularly liked the rainbow and the unicorns.

Your Teacher
Grade 2b

Posted: Mar 9th 2010 5:50AM Snichy said

Im taking a break from the game to wait while it improves but still keeping an eye on the news. Are the STF missions one-offs like every other mission (albeit harder) or are they like raids which are repeatable with booses/loot etc?

Posted: Mar 9th 2010 7:07AM (Unverified) said

No need to correct yourself, Superhealer. You had it right the first time:
STO is definitely only repeatable with booze..

=)

Posted: Mar 9th 2010 7:12AM Snichy said

lol

Hence the reason why Im taking a break - hopefully one day soon it will be better...!

Posted: Mar 9th 2010 5:50AM Snichy said

Edit: booses=bosses :)

Posted: Mar 9th 2010 7:19AM Renko said

5 player repeatable bosses/loot episodes. No bridge officers allowed during away team parts.

Posted: Mar 9th 2010 9:45AM (Unverified) said

The game is on amazon today only for $27.99. I was really thinking about picking this up after reading that Cryptic has been on the ball (more so than normal) in trying to produce a better experience in STO as the game goes on.

If I pick this up and only play for the initial month, would it be worth it? At that price I am more inclined to give it a shot.

Posted: Mar 9th 2010 11:58AM atomato said

Chris, I'd actually say wait until the beginning of summer. The game should be $20 by then, with a high chance of a $10 sale (just like CO). I think there's enough game in there to justify $10. And you WILL finish all of the content before your free month is up (content being any non procedurally generated grinds).

The Stream Team: Vanguard's final week

Posted on Jul 26th 2014 11:00AM

WRUP: This is why we can't have nice things

Posted on Jul 26th 2014 10:00AM