Posted: Mar 7th 2010 10:08AM JohnD212 said

I give LOTRO credit...it is really a high quality game...I sure hope it stays around for a long time. I go back every few months for my middle earth fix....I'm never disappointed.

Posted: Mar 7th 2010 11:53AM yeppers said

"The full diary is worth reading not just for Lord of the Rings Online players, but anyone interested in seeing what the QA teams are actually responsible for in an MMO's production."

Yeah... I'm thinking this article would be great for many recent publishers who appear to be ignoring their QA teams -- if they even have one at all. You know who you are.

Posted: Mar 7th 2010 11:57AM Averice said

Kind of a short read, a lot shorter than what I was expecting, but an interesting insight nonetheless.

Posted: Mar 7th 2010 12:28PM Verus said

• 1 heart
That game has a QA team ?

The game has tons of problems with windows 7 where you will get the occasionally load time from hell. The game will not even star when used with some antivirus such as avast.

Posted: Mar 7th 2010 1:04PM yeppers said

Have you tried using the defrag tool? I've heard this helps speed things up.

Also, I'm using Windows 7 (64bit) and have antivirus on my computer (not Avast though) and haven't had any issues. Could be maybe you need to set the game to run as administrator?

Posted: Mar 7th 2010 3:53PM Sunaris said

several people in my kin, myself included, use 7 and have an antivirus going with no problems. you should probably get a new computer if your's can't handle lotro.

Posted: Mar 7th 2010 5:16PM Verus said

Game will not start with avast 4.8 so in order to start the game you have to disable the antivirus ;)

And the long load times on windows 7 is something people are complaining about all over the lotro forums. And it has nothing to do with the computer. It usually loads every area super fast and then suddenly it takes forever.

Posted: Mar 7th 2010 5:45PM Samael said

It might be a problem. But I am hopeful they will fix it for the people affected by this. I am thankfully not one of them.

Posted: Mar 8th 2010 2:54AM areos said

I'm curious, can you post the links to all these long load time posts?

Posted: Mar 8th 2010 5:25AM (Unverified) said

I stopped using Avast over a year ago, as I'd noticed longer load-times on my old system. I don't think it's a LOTRO-specific issue you're experiencing.

Posted: Mar 8th 2010 5:26AM Seffrid said

I don't have any problems with Vista 64 and Avast 4.8 but I can't speak for Windows 7. However, 4.8 isn't the latest free version of Avast so you might want to look into upgrading it and see if that makes any difference.