Posted: Mar 7th 2010 2:08PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Most incomplete and unpolished/unfinished game I have ever played. There have been problems in the game for months now with no solutions. Starvault does not know how to program a game correctly, they have no previous experience in developing a game, they are unprofessionalism at its worst!

This game is going to completely fail. The is no content for people to play, so after the first month, there are going to be barely anyone subscribing as the retention rate will be extremely low.

Mortal Online is going to fail and Starvault is going to go into bankruptcy. This game is one of the biggest disasters in MMO historyand.

Everyone I know has gotten a refund already through filing disputes with their credit cards, this game is complete garbage.

Posted: Mar 7th 2010 2:18PM AlamoeJones said

• Half a heart
Those are an awful lot of conclusions to draw from a beta.

Posted: Mar 7th 2010 2:20PM (Unverified) said

True, look at the rating this has gotten

Over 750 votes and 90% of the people that voted gave their open beta a 4 or less out of 10. The game is crap. How the hell are they releasing this broken piece of crap and expect to stay alive? Their fanboys won't even keep them going. They need a minimum of 13,000 subs a month, they will not even get half of that.

Starvault and Mortal Online are amateurish unprofessionals and everyone knows after playing their god awful open beta.

Posted: Mar 7th 2010 2:24PM (Unverified) said

I agree, this game is shitty. If you actually got into their open beta without having multiple installation and patching issues, you would find out this game is fucking terrible.

Posted: Mar 7th 2010 2:25PM (Unverified) said

I'm the one who submitted this shot.
I've been playing since block A, and if you guys who have followed the progress you wouldn't say the things you do.

This game has gone so far in such little time it's mind blowing, and regardless of what people who just jump into the game and leave it after 40 minutes because "there is nothing to do" say, I and many others will be sticking to this game for a long time.

Your comments sound like you're trying to curse the game. If you don't like it, you don't have to play it. No need to go all witch-craft about it. :P

So long :)

Posted: Mar 7th 2010 3:03PM Pingles said

If you're having fun don't let the nay-sayers get you down.

It's funny how even the worst-reviewed games still have folks enjoying themselves.

It's also funny that folks have down-ranked you. They think you're LYING that you're having fun?

Enjoy the game.

Posted: Mar 7th 2010 3:43PM DevilSei said

• Half a heart
Pingles, whats more surprising and funny is that you currently have a 3-star rating supporting the guy who got downvoted.

Posted: Mar 7th 2010 2:27PM (Unverified) said

I am glad I got a refund also. So did all of my RL friends. We played Darkfall, we thought that was bad, but this is not even close to what Darkfall was at release. The only thing this game will do is send more subscriptions to Darkfall. Pretty sad really, they had a great engine, the game looks amazing but when you get into it, there is no content and whatever is there is buggy and broken.

Posted: Mar 7th 2010 2:33PM (Unverified) said

Fanboys will not keep this game alive, everyone that has played the open beta has run away from it. Worst game I have ever seen.

Posted: Mar 7th 2010 2:38PM (Unverified) said

Excuse me, I believe you have stolen my name.

Posted: Mar 7th 2010 2:41PM (Unverified) said

my entire guild got refunds from this stupid game starvault are unprofessional morons and the only way they can get help if something breaks is to contact the unreal engine (epic) tech support

game sucks ass

Posted: Mar 7th 2010 2:50PM (Unverified) said

2 words... shitty game...

Posted: Mar 7th 2010 3:06PM Saker said

• 1 heart
Amazed anyone could get it to run long enough to take a screen-shot.

Posted: Mar 7th 2010 3:26PM (Unverified) said

Wow. It almost seems like one person made all the negative comments. Seriously, you're judging the game on what is obviously a far-from-finished beta.

And then you downvote Xaan for saying his opinion? Pathetic.

Posted: Mar 7th 2010 3:40PM (Unverified) said

Thanks Xaan for the shot and the funny story.
This week I had great time with the DFO trial.

I tried Mortal Online but did not stay ingame because I could not find any quests/things to do. Funny thins is I logged in when it was night and I could not see at 1 meter in front of me.

Could you please give us few tips to get into it.
Shall I cut wood/sell/buy a weapon and go hunting? Not sure what to do at 1st.
I read there is also a patch coming in tomorrow.

Posted: Mar 7th 2010 4:08PM (Unverified) said

Sure thing Karatakor.
First of all, you'd be glad to know that tomorrow's patch will bring in lit cities. There are some pictures on the forums posted by the devs and they look amazing.

At the moment, there are no "real quests" but those will eventually make their way into the game as tasks, once all the bugs are ironed out and the systems have been tweaked to allow more fluid gameplay.

But! That doesn't mean you can't go on quests; I few weeks ago I met this guy who was new to beta. I was missing a book that wasn't in Meduli but I knew that book was in Vadda. I showed the man 10 gold and told him that if he went to Vadda and brought me this book, I would pay him. It took him about 3 hours but he eventually found me and got me the book - turns out he had the most amazing first day in beta. You can also look for some tasks to get from other players or simply make your own goal.

I really good way to start is to mine for a while - that increases your dexterity and strength by a lot and the game feels much more fluid after that. That's what I did, anyways. After that, I started working on my taming skills and eventually got myself a horse. I sold the first one to a man in Toxai and made quite a lot of money, and then got myself another one.

I made a really good friend - a crafter - in Toxai. We decided to find the jungle and explore it. My friend crafted some awesome looking armor for the both of us and I got him a horse, and off we went to look for the jungle.

We found the jungle after 3 days, 2 bandit groups that robbed us (we had to make more armor, but it was so exciting!) and several new friends.

On the third day we got to the jungle, and explored it. We managed to kill quite a few cool mobs and get some good loot that made for a lot of money later.

Then, we decided we needed a house. So we gathered materials and bought a house deed, found a spot right on the beach and built ourselves a house. Once two reds jumped me, killed me, took the key of my corpse and found our house - they emptied everything in the chest...

And that's just some of my adventures in MO.
There is a lot to do, but you have to find it yourself. Go tame the minotaur, build a castle (keep - they look awesome) start a village, be a miner, be a crafter, do whatever you want.

There are so many haters for this game because they tried it and got confused. I don't blame them, the first hour is definitely tough, and it's not a game for everyone. Those who are used to following the so-called "theme-park" rides and have to be told what to do won't like this game. If you're looking for some freedom and change you should give it a try.

Patches come every 2 weeks and, contrary to what some above said, they add and fix plenty. No one, not even the devs argue that the game is perfect or even close to completion. Me, I'm just having fun being a part of the development process and watching the game grow. Clearly, there are those who won't.

Posted: Mar 7th 2010 4:30PM (Unverified) said

Thanks Xaan for your fast reply!
This was the push I needed.
I had so much good time with Darkfall that I really want to see if I can enjoy MO as much.
And to see these guys with white armor I want one too.

Posted: Mar 7th 2010 8:34PM Loki1 said

You guys can't be serious. You actually want a SANDBOX game to be ruined by QUESTS that babysit and handhold the players into doing what the game tells them to do? Then call it themepark!

I don't want a sandbox MMO to tell me where to go.

Posted: Mar 8th 2010 2:52AM kooda said

Dude, you just wrote an entire choose my adventure post o.o

Posted: Mar 8th 2010 7:10AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Actually, I think most people are hating on the game because it IS horribly unfinished, buggy as sin, and most importantly is nigh on unplayable given that you would have an easier time interacting with the game by drawing on your monitor with a sharpie than trying to use the games UI/control scheme.