Posted: Mar 7th 2010 10:51AM Betel said

Joakal is also very ignorant. They've done so much for the lower level population and soloers that it's not even funny. Treasure caskets, level sync, fields of valor, easier ep-em mobs, more exp for duo/trioing, monster types doing less skills that hinder you, campaign for soloing, refresh/regen/reraise available at level one, more hp healed when resting...

It's an insult to SE to say that they have done nothing to remove the group required process barriers or nerfed them in anyway. They did deal with this issue, but the problem lies within the core of the game and having a restart with XIV is alot more logical than going deep down within the spaghetti code of XI to try to change it from the core.

Posted: Mar 7th 2010 6:46PM (Unverified) said

After playing EvE and having their dedicated DevBlogs happen almost bi-weekly returning to Square's semi-drugged dev's is going to be torture.

I seriously doubt that ill be playing this game as the lack of (Squares) support is astounding. Their ability to get in touch with the user base is somewhere along the lines of how "in touch" Hitler was with germany's future.

Posted: Mar 8th 2010 7:12AM (Unverified) said

That is such a stupid comparison.

So many people bitch and whine that Square won't give up it's game mechanics, instead preferring to let that stay unknown to keep things like crafting and gardening more organic and less prone to min maxing.

As for logging on details and closing accounts, it was not un heard of back in the day for games to run with these practices. the fact that even I, new to MMO's, was able to read the TOU and EULA and understand that 6 months meant termination. Despite that Square have kept my account active for me when I had logged off and unsubbed for over a year.

As far as being in touch with the users they have shown incredible flexibility in adjusting the the gamers. When ninja was released it was intended as a debuffer/DD. When players found Shadow Tanking was viable then Square did come along to the way of thinking and eventually granted tanking gear. They even rebalanced Paladins in light of this, rather then Nerf nin tanking out of exsistence.

If you want to hear devs talk about there chocies, fine. I can appreciate that for some people it helps to see progress in these interviews and the link it provides between the dev and the user.

Some of us are happy enough with a fun game and don't need to know everything to enjoy it.

Posted: Mar 9th 2010 9:57PM Letrange said

I've had a Red Mage on the Remora server about 4 years ago. One of the reasons I never got back into FFXI was because of their draconian subscription policy. Not so much the cost but the two stage login (totally unnecessary) and the "we delete your character after you stop your subscription for over 6 months". Not to mention the "we'll only consider re-vivifying your old account if you re-activate on our schedule, not when you feel like it" policy.

I might be able to dig up my old license codes but that would be such a massive pain in the ass (not to mention the account name for the playonline account is arcane as hell and I'd have to pray I can find a spot I wrote it down back in the day).

Hopefully FFXIV will have a more sane subscription policy.

Posted: Mar 8th 2010 4:21PM (Unverified) said

This is exactly the barrier that keeps me from coming back to this game. I have immense amounts of love and respect for the game, but so much of the game is unobtainable for someone such as myself who can only play casually. I really do miss my Taru smn/whm though......

WRUP: Lucky Korea