Posted: Mar 5th 2010 10:33PM karnisov said

hrmm, its not on sale on steam. bad move. also its my opinion they have sold all the units they can at $40+, they need to drop the price alot more to get the holdouts to buy. makes me wonder if they actually understand the business side of games.

Posted: Mar 5th 2010 10:35PM (Unverified) said

If they really want to get customers, they could try to release a demo. Just a crazy thought.

Posted: Mar 5th 2010 10:59PM MtthwRddl said

I totally agree. I want to TRY the game before wasting my money on another half-baked mmo ripoff.

Posted: Mar 6th 2010 8:28AM DarthCheese said

Exactly.

I'd love to check GA out, but I really don't want to buy it just yet.

Posted: Mar 5th 2010 11:28PM v3rn said

Hmmmm, to buy or not to buy. Seems like a great deal for $40, but it's not making me very confident that the game is doing very well. But I liked the combat when I was in the beta. Medic was really fun. But I'm not sure if it's worth it now that I have Bad Company 2.

Posted: Mar 6th 2010 12:41AM Averice said

Didn't STO try this less than a week ago? And their community QQ'd it into submission.

I know if I had bought GA I'd be pissed off at it already going on sale. Like @vern said though, having a sale so soon after release doesn't exactly convey confidence in a product.

Posted: Mar 6th 2010 4:26AM Macabre 13 said

Not the same thing that Cryptic pulled by any stretch.

To begin with, for the individual buyer, $10 off (GA) and $10 off *plus* 2 additional free months (STO) are quite a huge difference (a $30 difference, to be exact). The former makes many people think "cool, a sale", the latter makes many people think "dammit I got jacked!"

Furthermore, one of the big gripes regarding the STO sale debacle was that Cryptic/Atari put out such an incredible sale for new customers just weeks after launch while not tossing even the skimpiest "bone" to those who had just purchased within the prior month. Don't get me wrong, Cryptic doesn't actually "owe" them anything, but that doesn't mean they should disregard disappointing their customers.

Hi-Rez, on the other hand, has offered current subscribers additional free game time, and that certainly goes a long way to reduce or eliminate the feeling that you got "jacked."

Most people aren't all that unreasonable. There's a reason this sale didn't and won't cause the stir that Cryptic did.

Posted: Mar 6th 2010 2:05AM Interitus said

Well unlike Cryptic the Global Agenda people have admitted there are problems with their game. Going so far as giving current subscribers more free time. Perhaps they want to roll the fixes in before giving out a trial. But I certainly won't buy it before I get a chance to try it.

Posted: Mar 6th 2010 3:20AM (Unverified) said

The problem for STO fans was the extra time added not the $10 off.

Many games drop their price after launch. Since they do not even have a monthly price at the moment while they add new content I think cries of them trying to screw people over are not founded.

You do not always get demo's of FPS games to try them before you buy. People just seem to demand this for MMO's.

There is an option to buy this and never pay again so it is stuck in the middle somewhere.

Posted: Mar 6th 2010 4:28AM (Unverified) said

Global Agenda is a very controversial title it seems. I've been on the fence for a while now and this price reduction might make me get it. Was expecting to see a sale campaign soon but thought the price would drop more.

Posted: Mar 6th 2010 6:39AM (Unverified) said

I know I sound like a broken record on this one but;

Barbwire - If you're looking for a competent class-based team shooter to change things up from playing TF2 a lot, you should definitely give GA a shot (in my opinion).

No, it's most certainly *not* an MMO, but it more than makes up for that by having a narrow (tight) range of well-balanced and fun classes.

As long as you head into GA with a mindset of 'team shooter' and nothing more, you shouldn't be let down.
They recently added more maps and features (that arguably should have been in place at launch), and it's shaping up well.

I'm no GA fanboi, but it's most definitely a shooter you can spend a lot of time playing, having a great deal of fun.
Ignore the HiRez marketing, adjust your expectations, and the hours will while away =)

Posted: Mar 6th 2010 10:18AM (Unverified) said

Actually I've never played TF2, strangely enough. I would definately jump into GA as a team shooter and that's really what interests me in it - to bring a bit of the persistent MMO world to the one-sided online shooter genre. Thanks for the reply.

Posted: Mar 6th 2010 4:41PM swarmofcats said

Hi-Res has a lot of cool stuff coming down the pipes for us soon, too. Here's a link to a recent live chat with the developers that covers a bunch of it if, you can get a good sense of where the game is and where it's going. http://forum.globalagendagame.com/gablog/

I totally second everything Amana said and highly recommend the game if you're into this style of play. Global Agenda is a perfect way to break away from the constant "quest, level, quest, level, quest" formula that every other MMO is so focused on. The game doesn't force you to do obligatory stuff you don't want to just to progress. It's just straight-up fun and getting better all the time.

Posted: Mar 7th 2010 11:02AM cforciea said

The other thing to remember here for people comparing it to the STO debacle is that this sale is only a tiny bit cheaper than what we got if we pre-ordered. My three friends and I paid $33.75 each to play from launch day.

So in that regard, there is not a whole lot to be pissed about if you were an early adopter, and it doesn't seem particularly sane to claim that the sale is indicative of the state of the game.