Posted: Mar 4th 2010 6:18PM Wensbane said

I must say I like Dofus 2.0 quite a bit. Its artistic value alone is outstanding, and the combat is perfect for fans of tactical turn-based RPGs.

Plus, the economy is almost 100% player-driven. So skilled crafters are always in high demand.

To be honest, I only stopped playing because it gets incredibly "grindy" and repetitive, after a while.
But it's a world well worth exploring, with plenty of secrets to find and classes to master, all under a very sensible subscription model.

Posted: Mar 4th 2010 6:37PM Ghede said

Anyone else noticing some really lazy class names? Some of them are just words backwards.

"Enutrof"? Treasure Hunters
"Eniripsa" (-E.. healer class. duh.)
"Xelor" Time manipulators.

Posted: Mar 5th 2010 10:36AM (Unverified) said

Ghede check out http://dofuswiki.wikia.com/wiki/Class explains a bit more about the names.

Posted: Mar 5th 2010 3:07AM MewmewGrrl said

I'll tell you why this game has never been fun for me.

I went to play, and some people jumped in my battles and would attack me instead of the monsters. At a part of the game where there wasn't supposed to be PvP, people kept doing this goofy little move to sneak PvP you.

Now you can click a button that stops people from joining you in combat, but instead of it being a toggle, instead of you being able to turn it off in options, you have to click it EVERY SINGLE BATTLE! It's not a simple click, it's a teenie weenie little button that you have to carefully click and do it super fast too every time you go into a fight. Why do they not just make this a toggle or something you can set in options? Why do I have to do this annoying tiny button search click every single battle? It's just too annoying. Such a tiny piece of code, so easy to change, and yet they leave it there. It's there still in 2.0. It's just very aggravating.

Posted: Mar 5th 2010 9:37AM Addfwyn said

I've always wanted to try this, the graphical overhaul may be a good time to give it a try. I like the art, I like the class ideas, and I like tactical RPGs. Depending how in depth and grindy it is, I may even try subscribing to it.

Always wanted to get into one of those "sorta free" cute MMOs, and this one actually looks worth playing.

Betawatch: October 18 - 24, 2014