Posted: Mar 3rd 2010 11:38AM JeremyT said

Hmm, unless this is some sort of pun that's flying over my head, did you perhaps mean sticky *wicket*? I'm not normally so pedantic, but I hate to see a good cricket metaphor go to waste.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2010 2:03PM tic said

Every time they "tweak" it, they mess it up a lil more... Now you can't get the next tier currency, because their first tweak introduced weapons entering the world "in an unintended rate"... So they have to go back to the drawing board again... All they were adding was currency and weapons. Who knows what the next patch will bring...

These the same guys that are going to fix T4?

Posted: Mar 3rd 2010 2:19PM (Unverified) said

Game's been out for almost two years... you still think they can fix T4?

Posted: Mar 3rd 2010 2:37PM tic said

Two years has less to do with my lack of confidence as much as recent "fixes"..

Regardless, with the current state of PvP MMOs, I'll hang with it till something better comes along...

should be any day now... : p

Posted: Mar 4th 2010 1:46AM (Unverified) said

You ever feel that the Warhammer devs, by the virtue of committing to a game almost solely based on large scale PvP, have a -considerably- steeper hill to climb than other MMO devs?

Not trying to be a troll or anything; I just honestly wonder if I'm alone in this.

I don't envy their job. I think balancing and planning a world built around PvE with some PvP smattered across it (WoW, etc) would be SO much easier than what these guys are trying to do.

I give WAR a lot of leeway---there are huge problems, but in my mind their job is more akin to shoveling sand with a pitchfork while being attacked by killer kittens, whilst the rest of the MMO devs get to sit and paint happy trees.