Posted: Mar 2nd 2010 5:32PM (Unverified) said

The powersets are definitely reaching the 'quality over quantity' level, looking at Dual Blades, Shields and now this.

I just wish they'd release more than two powersets at a time so the streets aren't clogged with dual pistols players for the next two months. I mean, even some existing powerset proliferation would be welcome (like letting Brutes have Martial Arts). But, such is life.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2010 5:54PM Superfan said

No more powerset prolif! Keep the archetypes unique! Add new powers and stop with the proliferation. It's just recycling powers. I don't like it.

I am looking at a return to CoX and dual pistols looks very cool. However, no pre-order for me. Not until I know what exactly is in GOING ROGUE. I am not one to pay for things when I don't know what I am getting...GR needs to have way more than what they have revealed so far. They claim there is more but we have no idea what that could be. I'll just wait until it's all clear.

Unfortunately, the CoX DEVS promise us BIG things. They did the same last year and we waited a long time for something BIG. That big was i14 and the Mission Architect...a great tool but hardly worth a 1 year wait. That's the problem with promising the players something big and then not giving us any info at all...it's all subjective...their BIG can be playerbase's LAME. So, in our time of global restraint, I will hold on to my hard earned cash.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2010 6:21PM (Unverified) said

Could be worse...they might of cost you Cryptic Bucks for the early access!

Posted: Mar 3rd 2010 2:11AM starka1 said

Superfan, I'm right there with you. I admit I subscribed to a game I really didn't like anymore for too long. I also kept waiting for something BIG but obviously their definition of it and similar words greatly differ from mine. Many people would disagree but I thought there was way too much rehashing of current content and nothing truly new. An example, secret identity non-combat gameplay would be new but MA is not unless you really enjoy making missions otherwise playing missions was essentially the same. I love IOs and a really great addition to the game but they are just a tweaked enhancement nothing truly new imo, as another example.

There are plenty of subscribers to keep this game going for a long time so I am content to wait until enough content, graphic changes and gameplay mechanics have accumulated where I feel the monthly sub is worth it again. I know if I were to resubscribe now, I would be bored of the game within the week. For me, when it comes down to it, nothing has dramatically changed about the gameplay or added to its depth. I don't know what it contains but even side-switching could be boring. I imagine doing essentially the same missions(office, warehouse, etc. monsters at same locations, etc) and some bar represents my good/bad reputation where it finally reaches one side and 'ding', I'm a hero or villain that I've already played for years.

Definitely wait and see for me.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2010 8:10PM (Unverified) said

They have revealed what is in Going Rogue, and it's a lot. In addition to the two new power sets, they are adding in Praetoria as an entirely new world. There are tons of missions and zones to go with it, new enemies to fight the whole nine yards with that. Then there is the whole 'going rogue' system that the expansion is named after, where you can lead your heroes down the dark path or your villains to redemption. Or even straddle the line between the two. That opens up the other half of the game to all existing games, and the new missions that allow you to change their allegiance. And then there is the new graphics Ultra mode. It seems like money well spent to me if you like the game.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2010 8:25PM Necromas said

The problem I have with gun-kata in these games is that it looks kind of stupid when a character is spinning around and making what appear to be really cool and precisely aimed shots in 50 different directions... to shoot at 2 people directly in front of them.

Or spinning around like they're dodging enemy gunfire when nobody is shooting at them.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2010 2:20AM starka1 said

Although I don't feel as warm and fuzzy as other players about the new additions, I did watch that video at least 10 times. Good editing, action, music and sound effects. Unfortunately, it is hard to generate such an 'atmosphere' in-game.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2010 12:08PM Superfan said

What the DEVS fail to see is adding the same game mechanic, look and missions gets boring AFTER SIX YEARS! AE is a great tool but it's the same mechanic. Change it up, even if just a little. It amazes me how ignorant they can be because this game can be great but instead it just falls short. Having said that, it is still my fave MMO even if I am on a break from it right now.