Posted: Mar 2nd 2010 12:25PM (Unverified) said

GA players should also be happy to note that 1.2 patch is aimed for release in a couple of weeks :)

Posted: Mar 2nd 2010 12:39PM v3rn said

How are people enjoying the game? I played beta and found it very lacking in features. The core combat was fun, but there wasn't much to hold my attention.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2010 1:42PM Psychotic Storm said

The core is fun as you said levelling speed/ grinding factor needs some working and some aimbotters have emerged, but the core is fun and that is what matters everything can be build on a solid core, not many things can stand on a rotten core.

So overall its an enjoyable game

Posted: Mar 2nd 2010 2:35PM remover said

Logged in. Held my breath, tried to put launch day and first month experiences away and give it a chance.

Nothing in the game worked.

Not very happy with the game or the service.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2010 2:52PM (Unverified) said

Care to explain how "nothing in the game worked"?

I've been playing since launch day and so far it "works". Is it the greatest game ever? No, but at it's core it's a fun shooter and a great platform to build upon.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2010 3:17PM remover said

Sure.
It's probably fixed or on it's way to be fixed, but it was frustrating..

You couldn't queue for anything. The mission panel was broken again. PVP, PVE... all dead. It happened from time to time when I was playing before.

Regarding the past...
My initial time playing was not a pleasant experience for a variety of reasons that i've gone into elsewhere and in previous articles/comments. I think they're slowly addressing a lot of the issues, but it still really feels like i've received a different product than I thought I was buying.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2010 4:04PM (Unverified) said

sweet!

Posted: Mar 2nd 2010 4:59PM Psychotic Storm said

One minor complain next patch they should really try to at least keep the key bindings &^%*&^$%*^$&%^

Posted: Mar 3rd 2010 3:05AM (Unverified) said

Very well said.. i just got the game last week after listening to SS talk about it on TTA and have been very impressed with with the game play. Though like every other game their is a need for improvement. The top 3 on my wish list is

3- Ballance, while better then some this game has a serious imbalance that is predominately seen during new player early levels. When you start the game at level 5 and are up against players much higher then you the experience can be extremely arduous with death occurring often and despite no death penalty the new player experience is often very negative. Yes, you can always PVE but getting a group together for that can be quite hard for the early PVE scenarios .
2- healing is flat out dull. I love playing support classes but in GA my healing medic has turned into a death medic entirely due to the lack of 'fun' to be found in healing.
1- My biggest gripe is also possibly the most game breaking, GA has absolutely no story to it. Apart from the brief tutorial in which you find yourself fleeing a cloning facility (à la fallen earth) their is simply no story, dialog or lore offered to explain your motivation in either the PVP / AVA missions or to drive the PVE aspect forward.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2010 9:04PM swarmofcats said

@chris

I managed just fine at level 5. This is one game that struck me as really cool the way I could roll a new character and immediately be competitive with people much higher level than me. Skill points help, but they do not make or break you as you make it sound.

I see a lot of high level medics, so someone must be enjoying it. I've seen really talented healers carry a full group through pvp scenarios, maybe you need more time with the class, but of course it's not for everyone.

I'll take gameplay over story any day. Plus, JETPACKS!

Anyone on the fence, I would say check out some gameplay videos. I highly recommend this game if you're into shooters.

$50 for life is a bargain, and it's nice to know you can hop in the game at any time down the road without having to fork over a sub. If you get into the game hardcore, the subscription option is there. The devs are working on adding new stuff to the game to make the subscription more enticing.

In closing, JETPACKS!!!