Posted: Mar 2nd 2010 7:49PM Superfan said

The actual GR site reports what we can expect in the expansion.

Does anyone know if this is it or if there will be more? Seems a bit light if that's all. So light that I might pass on it and wait for DCUO or Star Wars.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2010 10:50PM Haggs said

Well, I think that's all they're ready to confirm 5 months before release. There's been talk of a new Endgame system and other stuff that might be included in GR. So we just can't say for sure if it's "just this" or if there will be a lot more.

I'd say wait until May or June to see what other info they release before making up your mind. Personally, I've already bought it and applied it to my account so I can play around with the new powersets. I think GR is going to be awesome.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2010 8:14PM (Unverified) said

Well they use the old favorite "and more" but basically, some of what was to be included in GR seems to have been moved up to I17. I imagine what you'll be buying is Praetoria, the powersets and the alignment system. We don't really have all the details explained when it comes to the alignment system or Praetoria so it could be CoV-sized or it could be small and disappointing. I for one have faith in Paragon studios so I preordered but it's up to you :).

Posted: Mar 3rd 2010 2:27PM Nolinquisitor said

When City of Villains came out, for 29.99$, not only we had a new ways to experience the game, new environments, new starting zone, but we had five new character archetypes and totally new and fresh new power sets. Mastermind was so radically different at the time.

I don't know if Going Rogue can compete with the City of Villains. I think five new Praetorian themed archetypes (emphasis on originality and freshness), plus one or two more power sets and it would be ok.

Just in order to compete with itself, Paragon Studios should do just that.

Posted: Mar 8th 2010 8:17PM (Unverified) said

Um ... CoV came out for $59.99. More if you picked up the collector's edition. Same price for CoH at release too. So the Going Rogue expansion is about half that.

So anyhoo, I'd honestly really like to see more 'solid' information on GR myself, but at the very least I'd expect there to be a significant about of content in the expansion related to the side-switching mechanic in addition to the new 1-20 content.

I know I'm going to get the thing, but I know I like the game and I'm not on the fence about leaving (or coming back) like I know some people out there are. They really need to shine up that features list with more information if they want to encourage those folks to either pre-purchase the expansion or stay subbed 'till the summer.

I know they're still adding in things and as with all development environments things can change, but it couldn't hurt to add some numbers to that page ("More than 70 new costume pieces.", "Earn more than 200 new badges while you visit Emperor Cole's Praetoria."). It's not a perfect idea, but they really need to punch it up a little.

Posted: Mar 6th 2010 7:17PM starka1 said

I'm on the wait and see list. After returning to the free activation weekend, I'm glad I made that decision. While I liked some of the QoL features, such as super-sidekicking and color customization, I was just not grabbed by the gameplay anymore. I had hoped a 6 month break would give me a fresh outlook on CoH/V after my disastrous decision of playing Champions but no luck. The game just didn't 'feel' any different to me.

Looking forward to more Going Rogue news and hoping they still have some big previously unannounced features planned for the expansion.