Posted: Mar 1st 2010 6:43PM (Unverified) said

Great job Sera, you have once again proven why you are the worst gaming correspondent in the history of gaming-blogs. This is an amazing opportunity for the Silkroad players that read massively. Seriously, there has to be dozens of them!

Seriously...

Posted: Mar 1st 2010 6:59PM Bhima said

Such violence, such anger. Damn that rap music!

Posted: Mar 1st 2010 8:06PM (Unverified) said

Actually, I feel kind of bad for my first reply to this. In Sera's defense, at least this cup wasn't overfloweth with stupid personal anecdotes and unabashed conjecture. (see also: pretentious)

Posted: Mar 1st 2010 8:24PM Seraphina Brennan said

That's an opinion columnist for you. Damn them and their personal anecdotes and unabashed conjecture. *shakes fist at all of them*

Yes, I am insane. Yes, I know this. :3

Posted: Mar 1st 2010 8:33PM (Unverified) said

Oh I'm sorry, I mistook this site for the one with the "Daily News about MMOs" tagline. )=

Posted: Mar 1st 2010 8:38PM (Unverified) said

(As a side-note, you are exactly the type of gamer I would love to play games with. I respect your passion. I love ruffling feathers more, however!)

Posted: Mar 1st 2010 8:44PM Seraphina Brennan said

Well, let me just clarify for ya.

We <3 the news. We're all about the news. And, as you know, 80% of our posts are news articles. But, a few aren't. A few are our weekly opinion columns. That includes Kyle's Digital Continuum, my Anti-Aliased, Brendan's EVE Evolved, and, to a lesser extent, our specific game columns, like Flameseeker Chronicles.

Opinion is just part of the game industry. Fun, as it is, is a subjective opinion that changes from person to person. And, of course, all games are created for people to have fun with -- hence why opinion is just part of our industry.

You and I probably don't have the same definition of fun, and that's why we probably don't agree (as I'm guessing your dislike of me stems from the fact that I say things you don't agree with.) But that's cool. And if you disagree with my opinions, that's cool too.

But my opinions aren't going to get in the way of my job. I, and the other writers here, still deliver the news you expect from us. Plus, we try our best to set up events, contests, and other fun side activities in addition to our news to make the site a better place. Sure, maybe you're not into the Silkroad Online design-a-weapon contest. But some other people might totally be into this. I'm not really a Silkroad person, but others are and others will probably have some fun with this event.

So, hey, sorry you're not digging the opinion articles. Maybe one of these days you and I will get on the same page with things. But I'm going to keep delivering news, sans my opinion, to you outside of my once a week soapbox. :) I hope it's good enough, and if you think something I do in my posts is too opinionated for you, feel free to drop me a line. My e-mail's over in the staff list at the side. My door is always open.

~Sera

(And maybe we'll hook up one of these days in a game. :) Never know. :D)

Posted: Mar 1st 2010 8:51PM Seraphina Brennan said

And I really, really hate our comments system. >.<

It will post the rest of my comment... just... give it a moment to catch up.

*taps foot while she waits*

Posted: Mar 1st 2010 9:04PM (Unverified) said

I don't dislike you, and I do agree with a lot of things you say or I wouldn't read your posts to begin with. Your clarification, though, is unfortunately just another testament to my initial reference to being pretentious and full of conjecture.

You don't know anything about me, though, you feel like you need to explain to me "the industry" or what an opinion column is. I don't see an 80/20 ratio in your work. That could just be me. You don't need to dignify my trolling with a response if you don't think I'm accurate.

I'll leave you to your own devices, and if I happen to see a white-haired, huge breasted avatar with the name "sera-variable" in the horizon, I'll hail you with a smile and tip of the hat.

Posted: Mar 1st 2010 9:18PM Seraphina Brennan said

You make a point with your last post, and I see what you're getting at. Although, I must say, it's not because I'm pretentious... I just like talking shop with people. I like talking and discussing. If I come off as pretentious, then I apologize. That's not really me at all. Then again, typing doesn't help dictate intonation either.

But, I shall watch for your hail, and will be sure to strike up a conversation. :3

Posted: Mar 1st 2010 6:57PM (Unverified) said

i love silkroad but man logging in , past or present was no fun task , if fact its made me opt not to play it and uninstall it

so if the loggin probs been fixed some one replay so i can play again

Posted: Mar 2nd 2010 12:55AM nomoredroids said

Same. I downloaded and never played.

Posted: Mar 1st 2010 7:35PM BubleFett said

Botroad heaven! by Joybot
lol

Posted: Mar 2nd 2010 12:52AM (Unverified) said

Yay a new weapon for the thousands of bots to wield and the 2 people actually playing to wield!!!!

Posted: Apr 16th 2010 7:18PM (Unverified) said

"Winners will be announced on the Silkroad Online website and Massively.com on April 5th, 2010."

April 16th Now.....