Posted: Mar 1st 2010 4:33PM alucard3000 said

From what I have heard The Secret World is going to do something like your idea of character actions affecting the world where the server works towards completing some goal and the success or failure changing the world one way or another.They even said that one server could be different from another if it succeeded and the other server failed.So that could be good news for your ideal Fallout mmo having someone break the water on that idea.

Posted: Mar 1st 2010 6:32PM (Unverified) said

"Dynamic live-game events, with two or more potential outcomes that actually alter the game world in some way."

This right here is what I want to see in my MMO game. I LOVE world events like the events before WoTLK was released and the gates of AQ event. Those are what make me feel immersed in a game.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2010 7:37AM Loki1 said

I stopped reading at "fashion clothing".

Please Masthead, just do the online conversion of Fallout 1 and 2. So:

-turn-based combat or at least not FPS crap
-complete desert between the cities except for tiny oasis, NPC encounters, comedy situations.
-The environment between the cities should be complete desertic... forcing exotic scenarios just because the game has to be appealing to kiddos is not tolerable. The whole "landscape" in the wasteland should be human... nature is "dead".
-factions war should happen exclusively inside the cities for the control of the production of something. Of electricity, of vegetables, of water, of oil, of food.
-Consequently he who controls "production" controls the town and that town should trade with other towns for profit and commodities.

Just do this interplay, it's so damn easy. Do this and the game is a success.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2010 8:24PM (Unverified) said

sorry, i stopped reading at "turn-based combat".

Posted: Mar 3rd 2010 5:01AM Unverfied B said

I stopped reading at "I stopped reading"...

Posted: Mar 2nd 2010 9:01AM (Unverified) said

Dynamic events that alter the game world sound OK, until you are on the losing side, and 'forced' to play in a game you actively opposed.

I agree on the total wasteland areas, some people do like the exploration aspects.

I'm going to be the minority here, but I really hope it's not a PvP only mmo.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2010 10:52AM (Unverified) said

Someone shoot this asshole if he gets within 100' of Masthead Studios with his "ideas" on how Fallout should be developed.

Thanks.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2010 2:43PM alucard3000 said

Masthead studio's is not the one doing a FO mmo it is Interplay,which will be using their Earthrise engine