Posted: Mar 1st 2010 8:08AM (Unverified) said

You know if this was Barrens chat the answer would be "Your Mom!"

*shudders*

Got THAT out of my system.

I like the elekks and the mounts you can usually buy in WoW. The dragons or psedo dragons with the wierd tripody legwings don't look good at all.

Posted: Mar 1st 2010 9:24AM Crsh said

Hahaha, was just just thinking the same.

Netherwing drakes make pretty nice mounts, but I absolutely despise the WotLK protodrakes, they're ugly as sin.

Posted: Mar 1st 2010 8:11AM (Unverified) said

My harvestmath horse in LOTRO, on my banned account. :(

Posted: Mar 1st 2010 8:14AM (Unverified) said

Easily my llama from Ultima Online. I was a well known scammer and PK. I essentially lived like a wanted man, staying out of friends houses and fleeing from people that wanted my head for various transgressions. Despite it all, for over a year, I had the same llama named Muffins. I loved Muffins. She was my homie. Saved my ass at least ten times.

For those unfamiliar with UO, this is important because people could kill your mount in that game. They could also strip your corpse bare and leave you in the wilderness with nothing but a pair of pink shoes and your own head. But I digress.

One day I lagged out on a boat I had just stolen from a newbie (left him on a little island with no way to recall/teleport and being a newb, he had no friends. He later killed me to, long story). Anyways, I came back and an old nemesis was standing next to me, I had a sliver of life left. He proceeded to talk crap then corp por me, and while my ghost watched, put poor Muffins to the sword.

Man they don;t make MMOs like they used to. Thanks a lot Trammel!

Posted: Mar 1st 2010 8:22AM jpkustra said

That sounds pretty awesome. You're right... unfortunately they don't make memorable games like that. It would be nice to get into an MMO where you know that years down the line you'll be telling stories of truly unique experiences. Sadly, I don't think that type of game exists!

Posted: Mar 1st 2010 8:36AM kazamxi said

@xslipperyx

Check out Darkfall Online

Full loot
Non instanced world
Mounts can be killed or stolen
No safe zones
Player housing
Player run cities

Posted: Mar 1st 2010 10:20AM pcgneurotic said

I have a question. I largely missed the UO boat, but I've always been interested in giving it a try (I'm downloading the trial now as a matter of fact). So, is it just that server populations are not as great as they were in UO's heyday that makes the game less attractive now, or is it just the old thing about the graphics not appealing to people more used to full 3D? Or was there a big mechanics change somewhere that put people off (like with EQ1)?

Posted: Mar 1st 2010 8:29AM (Unverified) said

Warhammer Age of Reckoning.

DA BEERCOPTER!

God I love those things.

Posted: Mar 1st 2010 9:38PM (Unverified) said

I never got that far in Warhammer but a couple months after I quit WAR, my Engineer Huntard got his ROFLcopter. Has to be the most fun to watch mount in any game. The details are amazing.

Posted: Mar 1st 2010 8:29AM jpkustra said

I think my favorite mount was my speeder bike in SWG. I would go out exploring for hours and it saved my ass a few times on Dathomir outrunning the force sistes. Good times...

Posted: Mar 1st 2010 12:22PM swarmofcats said

My Barc speeder was nice but I think I kinda preferred the AV-21. More of a luxury vehicle compared to a roadster.

Posted: Mar 1st 2010 10:44AM (Unverified) said

I like a mount that is a mount, not just a piece of your avatar with added speeds, My fav mount? Two words, Auto Assault. Rawr!

Posted: Mar 1st 2010 8:42AM (Unverified) said

My Yalmaha in Anarchy Online. It was my first mount in a MMO ever...

Posted: Mar 1st 2010 9:28AM Triskelion said

I have to agree, the Yalms changed the game for me in such a positive way, and the thrill of flight in AO was unmatched in any game since.

Posted: Mar 1st 2010 9:11AM Meagen said

I made myself a cargo ATV in Fallen Earth. That was awesome.

Posted: Mar 1st 2010 9:19AM (Unverified) said

Nightmare aka Attumen's mount from Karazhan

Posted: Mar 1st 2010 9:18AM pcgneurotic said

I've always been impressed by the Tauren dino mount things in WoW, for the simple fact that (I think the swift version) has playable drums on it. That's what I want from a good mount - some minor, cosmetic activity that means it's not just a colourful polygon that increases my run speed.

Posted: Mar 1st 2010 9:38AM (Unverified) said

uhhh, no...the drums on a tauren's mount are not playable. also i believe the word you are looking for is "kodo."

anyway, my favorite mounts are raptors and mammoths, both from world of warcraft.

Posted: Mar 1st 2010 9:41AM Gyurie said

I loved my BARC speeder and AV-21 back in SWG. Those were the times!

Posted: Mar 1st 2010 9:48AM DrewIW said

I have fond memories of my Netherdrake from WoW. They were a bit of a grind to get, but definitely worth it.

Make My MMO: September 14 - 20, 2014

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 6:00PM

Perfect Ten: Terrible, terrible MMO names

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 3:00PM

The Stream Team: Anchors aweigh in ArcheAge!

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 1:00PM