Posted: Feb 27th 2010 9:28AM (Unverified) said

I caved to all the pretty screenshots and starships... I'm trying STO.

So far... its actually kind of fun. And there's apparently a ton of roleplayers. I just have to find them...

The game doesn't feel quite as shallow as people were saying. Feels like the stats, skills, and upgrade system was far more complex than say, WoW. Feels like managing an entire 5 person party in WoW. Which is kinda cool.

Anyways, the USS Olivaw has taken flight. GO, SCIENCE GO!

Posted: Feb 27th 2010 11:09AM (Unverified) said

Sadly this site is packed full of MMO-Nerds that are used to MMO's there way and refuse to accept any other type or kind of MMO that threatens there way of life.

So they bitch and complain, make up lies and over exagerate it as much as possible to feel good about themselves playing world of warcraft or

It's best to take anything and everything they say with a pinch of salt or..to be safe simply not believe them at all.

Enjoy your time with STO - it aint perfect but it sure isn't as bad as half these clowns like to think.

//rant

Posted: Feb 27th 2010 4:35PM Tizmah said

Ignore Final Fantasy360. I guess he's letting other people's opinions anger him way to much. Shows he's probably a little embarassed he thought STO was going to be the end all be all MMO and it wasn't! :)

I had fun in Champions, AoC, and WAR as well till around end content, then it really got stale after that.

If that Ship combat is your thing though, have fun! I personally don't like controlling more than 3 NPC's in a fight. Anymore than that and it's to chaotic. (Main reason I didn't like Dragon Age! Plus is was overly complicated..but anyway)

But yeah, read a professional review. Must people didn't give STO above a 7.0 Its actually probably one of the better Star Trek games in general though. Any skilled gamer though will see through Star Trek Online and really see it has nothing to offer. As a casual experience, it's probably pretty good which is the reason you are enjoying it I guess.

Posted: Feb 28th 2010 7:08AM (Unverified) said

I'm glad I didn't listen to the naysayers. It obviously needs more content and polish, but it's fun for me and much better than the comments on the forum indicate.

Posted: Feb 28th 2010 10:03AM (Unverified) said

Tizmah, I'm not sure you get it... I -did- read all the reviews. And all the controversy on Massively. All the naysaying. I was going to preorder STO, but decided not to, and actually, not to even play the damn game based on those reviews and comments.

Now, I've caved in to my fanboyish nature. And frankly, I'm kind of annoyed at the fact I listened to all of the reviews (professional or not), because I -love- this game. Its the most fun I've had in an MMO since WoW came out. No, its not the best game, I can see its flaws. But my god, I actually enjoy playing it. FUN. In an MMORPG. Blasphemy.

I dunno. I guess I'm not a skilled gamer, because the game has quite a lot to offer to me.

Posted: Feb 27th 2010 9:49AM (Unverified) said

Sadly, nothing. After the last few months of RPG goodness(thank you Bioware!), I've hit a gaming drought. It's times like these that I wish there was an MMO on the market that I haven't played to death, or didn't hate.

Posted: Feb 27th 2010 10:08AM Crsh said

I'm in a MMO drought, nothing interests me right now despite giving WoW, Aion and a few others another go; just plain boring. I'm replaying Dragon Age:Origin instead, and it's as good as the first time; what a great game (Bioware rocks, I can't wait for SWTOR).

Posted: Feb 27th 2010 10:33AM phobic99 said

Finished Heavy Rain last night -- It's an interesting take on a "game" if anything else. As far as MMOs goes, my drought continues, though I may peek my head back into EQ2.

Posted: Feb 27th 2010 11:53AM Pingles said

Despite the bad press I am enjoying my time in Allods open beta. Granted, I'd LOVE to buy a bag for my toons but I think I'll wait and see how they adjust their prices.

Also dipped my toes in the crafting waters on Allods for the first time and am excited about how unique it is.

Posted: Feb 27th 2010 1:22PM (Unverified) said

Also slowing down with the attentions span.
In the past 6 months I have played in some PvPvE (aion), occupied a wormhole with my ACCOUNTS in EVE-Online, geared using the dungeon finder in WoW (I hate my DK now), Run around killing zombies in L4D2, and now am on a STO kick (really love the space combat).

Kinda starting to feel burned out, but the next road map highlights planned for me are Cataclysm and SWTOR.

Any one else hitting burn out.

Posted: Feb 27th 2010 12:53PM Ryukan said

It's mah B-Day this weekend! I am going to hit Mass Effect 2 hard, because I still haven't finished it, and also going to take care of some things around the galaxy in STO. But mostly I am going to curse Dell for taking so long to ship the DVI to active Display Port cable that I am waiting on to set up my triple monitor display...(why did I pay Dell extra for next day shipping when it is going to take 5 days to ship?) Maybe I shuold just curse Sunday!

Posted: Feb 27th 2010 1:10PM Krystalle Voecks said

Happy birthday!

Posted: Feb 27th 2010 3:26PM (Unverified) said

Allods has scared me with their latest Russian patches seeming like they would screw the game, so I decided to try and find something else F2P that is decent, or go back to an old F2P game.

Tried about 12 games for the first or second times, but none stuck other than Soul of the Ultimate Nation. The leveling is fast, the graphics are good, the mechanics are decent, PvP doesn't suck, and the only downside seems to be unmappable controls. Plus, already having a character at lvl 43 wasnt bad either.

If I weren't broke, I'd resubscribe to WAR. I miss large-scale PvP for leveling.

Posted: Feb 27th 2010 4:38PM (Unverified) said

Massively should do a story about how Cryptic is giving 60 free days of game time (equaling 90 in addition to the game purchase) from ordering directly from Atari in the next week.

Meanwhile, all the pre-orders and launch week people get to pay $15 as normal.

Huge scam or desperate reach out for numbers?

Posted: Feb 27th 2010 6:21PM Graill440 said

Reaching out for numbers. Already the game is 10-15 dollars off online or in stores and the software boutique up here wont sell it because of the bad press (though i have seen one copy on the shelves at all times, making a stop once a week to see whats new.)

Posted: Feb 28th 2010 2:42AM (Unverified) said

More like par for the course.

They (Cryptic) did the same thing with Champions. I certainly felt burned as well back then.

Posted: Feb 27th 2010 5:52PM Graill440 said

Some people have hard heads and soft asses. They cant take advice and/or do not want to see their particular game fail because of fanaticism. the only thing you can do is state opinions and then let the other folks decide. some need lessons in losing money, others do not, either way its entertainment for us.

When folks start addressing games as entertainment and not life to replace their lives we will see fewer trash games as folks simply wont supply cash to ignorant devs making trash games. Until then the cycle of abuse continues, and the abusers laugh all the way to the bank.

Here is a nice situation that happened a week ago, we found out during a dining outing that one of our friends bought a lifetime sub to STO, so we had him recite his reasons and how things were going. I wasnt sure if it was the stifled laughter or his silence as he really gave it some thought before answering, the reply was "it is lacking a little bit" while shaking his head. Funny stuff.

Posted: Feb 28th 2010 2:41AM (Unverified) said

Going to try and get my Medic to 15 in Global Agenda and will be re subbing to Age of Conan to see how things are going over there.