Posted: Feb 26th 2010 10:51PM (Unverified) said

Excellent stuff. SoM has been a fantastic expansion and introduced some great content - the new zone and quests are really involving, with some great storytelling and the new Skirmishes are a lot more fun than you'd imagine. I can't wait for the new patch (which goes live on Tuesday in Europe, BTW.)

Posted: Feb 26th 2010 10:55PM Deryk said

I'm enjoying the new SoM expansion as well, and as I'm an avid crafter I'm really looking forward to this new content and update. Great job Turbine, keep up the good work.

Posted: Feb 26th 2010 11:02PM (Unverified) said

As I said, the Skirmishes are a lot more fun than I anticpated them being - the addition of random elements and the way there are other encounters to add a little spice makes replaying them less of a grind than you'd expect, plus the new Epic quests and Mirkwood zone quests are a lot of fun, too. I've just made it to 65 but never once did I feel I was grinding levels. And even now, it's not like I log in and do one or two daily quests then quit - I still find myself playing 'properly.'

I'm certainly stoked about the new patch.

Posted: Feb 26th 2010 11:16PM Graill440 said

Logged in during peak time (

Posted: Feb 26th 2010 11:20PM Graill440 said

..........windfola is dead as were a couple other servers. monsterplay was also dead with only a few players padding for points. when are the server merges going to happen, they really only need one, at most two.

Still the best vistas around.

Posted: Feb 27th 2010 8:50AM JaySpeed said

You can't really believe this game only needs one or two servers. You must not play on many of them. A few are very low population like Arkenstone, Vilya, and Firefoot but there are alot of middle population servers that are just fine. Brandywine, El, and Nimrodel are already overpopulated so they don't need more players. Turbine should merge the three small servers with a couple medium sized servers. They would be fine with 8-9 servers.

Posted: Feb 27th 2010 2:05PM Tom in VA said

The "Older Epic Questline Revamp" is the best LotRO news I've heard in a long time. I am so glad to hear this. I may actually resub to LotRO for this reason -- or I may possibly wait till Volume II gets the same treatment.

Personally, I would have preferred it if the game had offered (temporary) NPC/pet assistance (as they do in Guild Wars) over an "individual player mega-buff," but still, this is overall a good and wise move on Turbine's part.

Now, if only Turbine would do the same for the many (many!) other group quests, areas, and instances in this game that you cannot find player groups for....

MMO Week in Review: WoW's rebound