Posted: Feb 24th 2010 8:09AM (Unverified) said

Dark Age of Camelot! Man what a game.. what a game.. I loved all aspects of that game and all expansions. I quit shortly before the Minotaur expansion. So thats about 5 years i guess? Nothing compares to my fond fond memories of that game and I don't stay in newer games longer then about a year because the replay value just isn't there.

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 8:09AM Alchemda said

• Half a heart

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 8:10AM Alchemda said

whoops sorry for double post

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 8:20AM (Unverified) said

Dark Age of Camelot! Man, what a game :)
I quit before the Minotaur expansion, played on a normal server, and followed my guild to a classic server.
As this was my first MMO, I only have good memories of it :)
I've never played any MMO more, but that's maybe because I'm working now, and was still studying when I played DAOC :D

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 8:22AM jpkustra said

I think I played SWG most consistently but I can't even remember anymore. They all run together at some point. I guess that's what happens when you're an MMO dabbler(read: whore). I'm hoping SW:TOR will give me my next boost of faith in MMO's again =)

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 8:26AM (Unverified) said

WoW: The Burning Crusade

I say TBC specifically because it was like a whole other game. I was a hardcore raider at the time, and every night myself and 24 friends would take on challenges in Black Temple and Sunwell that were unforgiving even to the most efficient group.

I'm not going to cry too much over WoW becoming far, far easier today (as it is better for more people), but...for those of us who loved the brutal difficulty without easy-modes, our game was kinda taken away.

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 9:51AM Grenade71822 said

Exactly. I have been playing wow for 3 years but BC was my favorite.

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 8:29AM JeffT4 said

City of Heroes. Have a 39 month account. It just keeps bringing you back! doesn't matter what else you play, CO, STO, EQ, DDO. I keep getting dragged back in to COX.

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 8:31AM (Unverified) said

Played Eve continuously for 6.5 years but walked away at the end of last year.
Strangely I don't normally go for the pvp based games but Eve is a game with consequences and strong community.

It's hard for games to stay fresh over a long period so it's no surprise really that they can only hold a player's attention for a limited time. And many players will take a break and come back at a later date when the game has undergone changes or new content is introduced.

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 8:31AM GenericPerson said

I played World of Warcraft for far too long. While fun in the beginning with the group of friends I was running with doing instances, quests and raiding it got boring when those folks started to quit the game. Was never the same since and now I'm findings myself resubbing every other month just because I cannot bring myself to get real deep into any other games.

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 8:34AM Exalier said

Mine was World of Warcraft and I regret laying eye's on the blasted thing. I was a huge fan of Warcraft 1, 2, and 3. I bought World of Warcraft on release and didn't enjoy it so it gathered dust. About a year after launch my best friend started playing so I joined him. From that day on there hadn't been a day I didn't touch it. I wish I had never started. It became an addiction and I got no real enjoyment from it, and nothing to show.

Luckily Wrath of Lich King killed it for me. I now have cancelled my accounts and am happily playing EVE(A game which doesn't require hour after hour to advance).

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 8:38AM (Unverified) said

Dark Age of Camelot with Ultima Online coming in a close second.

The DAOC community on Gawaine was tight, and we had fun playing. Defending against relic raids in the middle of the night leads to some great memories. The crafting system was quite detailed, especially being able to salvage your drops for more crafting materials , I'm pretty sure anyone who's crafted in DAOC spent alot of time making hinges ;)

But, I think the biggest and most important MMO feature, is allowing yourself to become part of the community, making friends, grouping with them, rather than soloing off in a corner someplace farming drops and gold. For me the people that I played each day, were the biggest draw to keep me returning to the game and renewing my subscription month after month.

Big shout out to all those ex-Gawaine people from all 3 realms!

Formerly - Ugluk the Troll Warrior of Midgard Gawaine

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 8:38AM (Unverified) said

Shadowbane.

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 9:02AM Cryptorus said

Sadly, the first and longest of my mmos played was WoW. I am now happily playing Fallen Earth (quite slowly though, only level 10 out of 46) after the disappointment of gear-grinding at 80 on my characters, for whom I have now given up upon.

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 10:26AM (Unverified) said

i played Everquest from 1999 to 2005
then played WOW for 2 years ...
and now this is the desert i cant find aany MMORPG with a real background and without detail on the net and GPSed quest

EQ will stay in my mind and my heart

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 8:44AM (Unverified) said

SWG before all the stupid changes...and before game cards came out that allowed all the little kids to degrade MMO's . SWG had all kinds of the things people keep asking for now... in world player housing...player created towns...mayors...player vendors....good crafting....the best gear came from crafting, not raiding the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over again and again and again and again. They had non combat classes...imagine that. Nothing has even come close since. :(

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 8:48AM (Unverified) said

EVE Online

Played the Beta, but waited almost a full year before I subscribed. Was moving and an untimely death of my computer delayed my start.. :)

My main account has been active since then and I have added a few through the years. Right now I have 4 active accounts..

Have also played WoW since about 3 months after launch of TBC, but EVE is the game that I always come back to.

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 8:56AM MrGutts said

I would have to say in the day it was UO I played the most.

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 9:01AM Wisdomandlore said

Time-wise, probably FFXI. Even though I only played it for a little over a year, I had a ton more free time back then, and I'm sure I logged more hours total. And it demanded it. >_<

In overall time, it would be LOTRO. I've been playing it for close to three and a half years counting beta. My sub runs out in April, and I'm pretty sure I'll let it expire. It's still a good, active game, but many of my fellow adventurers have moved on, and Turbine keeps pushing the game into a more and more solo-heavy, grind-heavy, instance-heavy design that just doesn't appeal to me.

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 9:02AM Sain34 said

Dark Age of Camelot. Started playing it 2001 when it came out and played for 6 years. They don't make them like that anymore.