Posted: Feb 24th 2010 6:13PM WARXion said

crap, i have to buy a thousand and sell them after Tyrannis :D

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 6:19PM DrewIW said

Definitely an improvement, I hope they end up using this color scheme on all standard Caldari ships.

I kinda like them being asymetrical though :(

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 7:04PM (Unverified) said

Correction: The brawler role was only for cruiser classed ECM ships - the Scorpion still retains its optimal range bonus... The Scorp is the defacto long range ECM platform in EVE.

Current ingame stats:

15% ECM Strength
20% ECM Optimal Range and Falloff
20% ECM Burst

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 7:06PM Lateris said

It looks a lot better. I might just hit the Caldari skills.

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 7:56PM (Unverified) said

I'd always loved the looks of some of the Caldair ships, but the asymmetry of many of the models always bothered me. It was tolerable, however, because I understood it spoke a lot about the utilitarianism of the Caldari State's people, even if on the most basic level the incongruity and bizarreness of many of their ships made me cringe. That's why I leaned towards majestic yet equally practical looking beasts like the Cerberus and the Rokh (oh god do I love the rokh).

I can really appreciate this new design approach because, even though they are more aesthetically appeasing, this most recent example in the Scorpion maintains the lethal, mechanical look of the race. Now the game becomes bringing the other State ships in line with this new direction, less glittering steel and cold blue glow but matte grey and futuristic.

Please do the Raven next. D:

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 8:00PM Miffy said

I just hope they frigging update the ugly dated backgrounds.

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 8:11PM (Unverified) said

Scorpion as a close-range brawler?

Someone doesn't fly Caldariiiiiiiiiiiii. So glad it's getting symmetrical, this ship rocks but it's one of the ugliest in the game. Since it's my favorite ship to fly (and I get called ugly, non-reprintable names for flying it), I'm quite pleased with the graphical update.

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 8:27PM foofad said

I'm amazed that people can knock the Scorpion and not the Raven. Compared to the Raven, Scorpions are supermodels.

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 8:32PM (Unverified) said

I can imagine with the height of my imagination a way you could land the Raven.

The scorpion would break in half with that giant thing that sticks off of it.

Posted: Feb 25th 2010 8:56AM Psychotic Storm said

From "I am an ecm specialist do I really have to fly this?"
I go to "I am an ecm specialist and I get to fly this :D"

YAY