Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 8:10PM DevilSei said

Holy shit... I thought someone would make a Pokemon MMO before Digimon ever got one...

Now I'm proven wrong...

Granted, I also hoped that it would be 3D, and not this pseudo-3D Isometric crap...

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 8:13PM Boruk said

digi wha?

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 8:57PM ultimateq said

Yeah it's a short lived children's anime. Not sure if it's still around, but it was somewhat big back in it's day. If it is still around, it's turned into a mutant zombie of what it once was.

And yah, I agree, it's weird that this is getting an MMO before pokemans does.

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 8:20PM (Unverified) said

Will be interesting to see how it turns out I guess since I used to love the series when I was younger.

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 8:34PM (Unverified) said

The first two things that popped into my head were "f***" and "yes".

Series 1-3 were quality television, especially when Series 3 decided that the first two actually *were* a TV show designed to move toys, etc.

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 8:51PM Wisdomandlore said

This was one of those rare series made to sell toys and cards that actually wasn't crap. Sure, it looked stupid as heck, but the first three seasons actually had deep stories and some cool action. I was pissed when my local Fox affiliate decided not to air the final two episodes of Series 3.

Regardless, Digimon has been irrelevant for years now. Why make an MMO of it now?

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 10:35PM (Unverified) said

The series is still being played via the Toon Disney channel, or whatever it's called now.

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 10:49PM Interitus said

Pokemon is never getting an MMO. Nintendo made that clear. Because it takes away from real face to face interaction there will never be a Pokemon MMO. There is a 3rd party pokemon MMO floating around but it's not overly impressive

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 10:51PM wiachy said

brings back memories of elementary school when putting two digimon devices together to battle it out. ahhhh the good ol days.

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 1:06AM Yoh said

I actually quite liked the series, and even some of the games arn't too bad.
But I'm in general against taking established IP's and turning them into MMO.

So I'm not sure how I feel about it.

But as it has been in game form several times, each widely different then the next, and given the premise of the series, it could work.
So I guess I'll just have to keep an eye on this one.

It'll probably suck, but it could be fun.

~Yoh

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 2:54AM kooda said

Di...did i just see two turn attacking in an mmo o,o ... anyway it could be ok i used to like the show so ill see how this pans out.

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 5:04AM (Unverified) said

...the battle system seems strangely familiar. Like I've seen it, perhaps in a Korean-based, f2p monster-taming MMO before. That involves moving by randomly teleporting around the landscape.

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 10:54AM pcgneurotic said

This is a Korean import. It's been around for a while over there, but has only just recently been given a proper overhaul for English-speaking markets. I know all this because I just did the overhaul. :D

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 11:41AM breezer said

Everyone's been wanting a pokemon MMO since the inception of MMOs...

You snooze you loose Nintendo. No surprises there.

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 5:52PM mattwo said

wtf? First of all, CDC tried this, and after losing lunia, they also dropped their support for their USA webpage making them strictly Asian. Secondly the makers of this game in korea, already have a second game based on season 5 called Digimon Masters online, with the game this being based on, DigimonRPG Online becoming obsolete. WHY THE HECK WOULD THEY DO THIS?

Posted: Feb 25th 2010 9:46AM (Unverified) said

"Secondly the makers of this game in korea, already have a second game based on season 5 called Digimon Masters online, with the game this being based on, DigimonRPG Online becoming obsolete. WHY THE HECK WOULD THEY DO THIS?"
DMO is more like SMT Imagine or some other random 3D MMO. Standard point and click for the most part. RPG/Battle is Turn-Based. Equally enjoyable, for the most part.

Supposedly, they also have some sort of plan to bring out DMO in the US too. I forgot where I read that, though. You've got two choices of digimon..a standard point and click, or a turnbased game.
Sounds a bit boring, but there's also that deep depth that's hidden..like the meat of a game, people would usually say a certain level before it gets interesting... blah blah blah.

Posted: Feb 25th 2010 1:28PM (Unverified) said

I've actually already played this, or at least, I think I have.

It's been out in Korea for some time now, or something that looks exactly like that(the battle style, at least) has. There's a way to get on it and a semi-translated client you can download that lets you play it, but it's really just not that good. The fights are boring and you have to look like one of the three tamers from the original show unless you pay money for different equip items. It's just another cash shop game that isn't worth the time or effort.

The Stream Team: Firefall's farewell