Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 2:29PM Triskelion said

Man, I'm trying hard to like this game but it is so glitchy and laggy still. I always like to revisit MMOs, and I recently did the 10-day promotion. But as I was trying to get my feet wet I noticed another player run from a few mobs, as the mobs were retreating they weren't running by sliding/skating back to their spawn points. I also notice a lot of times where mobs are dead but it takes a second for the game to register that they're dead, then they quickly do a quick die animation and plummet to the ground.

I still think that WAR has some of the best pvp around, its just buried under such a mess that it takes patience and work to find it.

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 2:50PM madbassman39 said

um... how long ago is recently? They stopped doing the 10 day trial a while ago, now its the unlimited under level 10 trial.

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 2:44PM (Unverified) said

Patch is not live yet :P

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 2:54PM Triskelion said

I had an account previously, under account management I was able to do the "10-day returning player promotion". They take your cc and after 10 days they bill you as an active sub, but I canceled already. Like I said the game is just too glitchy and laggy.

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 3:32PM (Unverified) said

I run the Game on "Oohh Shiny!" which is max settings on max Widescreen resolution and suffer no lag at all, even when hanging around with the "Order Zerg" of over 150 people doing ORvR on T4, so I would guess it is something on your end

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 3:35PM Triskelion said

Do you see people skimming/skipping and sliding?

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 8:13PM (Unverified) said

no I don't

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 3:19PM Zontix said

I played from cb til a few months ago on and off, I didn't play a whole lot but I loved the game. It was incredibly glitchy and the population got so low I couldn't even finish scenarios. I started the endless trial a few days ago and there were actually a lot of people on, I was shocked. I just hit 80 on WoW and am liking it, but when i get tired of it which everyone tells me I will I'll probably give WAR another try.

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 4:35PM (Unverified) said

Uhhh...the 1.3.4 Patch is still not live as of 4:30pm EST. There is also no mention of this anywhere on the Official WAR site or forums. You guys sure about this?

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 6:06PM Graill440 said

While i wont even try the new patch i doubt it will do anything to to fix the tier 2 and 3 dead zones. tier 1 is that the entire game needs to be about, but all content in this game shoots from tier 1 to tier 4, until that and twinks (gotten rid of) are fixed the game will continue its slow death spiral.

I mean really, when you log in from a year out and find the same blind spots present in tier assaults (all levels) one cannot read anything the devs put out and believe it. certainly nothing they type about listening to the community. Its the same story, their ideas, there plan, their implementation.

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 8:13PM (Unverified) said

Another one talking non-sense I recently rerolled a Swordmaster and all Tiers are full of life and SC's popping all the time in Gorfang, please stop spreading lies and misinformation.

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 8:23PM Taawa said

1.3.4 as of now isn't live. There's nothing in the Herald (news) section of the official site. I just logged in and it's 1.3.3. Did Mythic release something to the press prematurely?

Posted: Mar 5th 2010 10:29AM Mr Tastix said

Do note that there is FPS lag and network lag, the two are not mutually inclusive.

FPS (frames per second) lag is caused by having an old video card, or one that hasn't had it's drivers updated. This is why games have minimum and recommend system requirements and most people who can only play on the minimum of these requirements may experience a very bad frame-rate.

Network lag (latency/ping) is caused for a many number of reasons. Most of the reasons is because something (or someone) is interfering with either your own or the servers connection. If you using wireless internet then online games will suffer higher latency than those on wired networks, not much you can really do about it except stick your computer/wireless adapter closer to your router. Most lag is caused due to important data never making it to the server itself, so nothing happens.

Servers, however, are known to lag out themselves when they're buggy. Games like WoW and WAR suffer this a lot, especially after patches, something screws up and EVERYONE lags for whatever reason. I don't know any specific details of what realms themselves can lag out, besides their connections going bad for some reason (which, in an MMOs case, is something the developer SHOULD prepare for).

Anyways, that's my 2 cents lol. Ironically enough, my internet cut out whilst typing this out, lol.

Posted: Mar 5th 2010 10:30AM Mr Tastix said

Bah, supposed to be in reply to Jonathan's post. I *really* hate the way Weblogs has their comments system set up :(