Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 4:17PM arodriguezc said

So, when is this wep coming out? I just started this game have a lvl 7 char and having a ball. Been trying to figure out how to get a rifle since I rarely use the xbow.

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 4:47PM alucard3000 said

probably the next patch and you can craft or get someone to craft one for you or check AH
there is a scoped rifle qst reward for a qst in watchtower

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 5:50PM (Unverified) said

It's supposed to come out tomorrow

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 5:53PM (Unverified) said

I've updated the post to be more clear on _when_ the new gun is coming. My bad. I offer you this fictional cookie as a peace offering.

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 4:53PM wampa stompa said

That's an autococker.

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 5:18PM ployer said

thats what I was thinking, looks a lot like my 2000 model.

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 8:34PM Distaste said

Yep, that is indeed an autococker with a piece of wood clamped on and the rod protector extended out like a rifle butt. What I don't understand is why not at least remove the paintball hopper and come up with another magazine/feed device.

Hope Worr got some royalties...

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 5:12PM Boruk said

I'll be online in this game tonight checking out the free trial with co-workers who think this game is awesome

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 6:27PM (Unverified) said

Why would a gun called "slug thrower" be a copy of a paintball gun? Anyone who is curious look up "autococker" this in game model is an exact replica lol it even has a CO2 tank still attached, whats up with this?

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 6:46PM (Unverified) said

Last time i checked an autococker paintball gun doesnt have bits of wood holding it together. Also -- it is salvaged parts thats why i like it myself. its zipgun ammo, total crap ammo being balls of metal used for just zippistols currently till this patch. so would make sense to have a paintball hopper lol.

I like it cause finally more weapons are having that "raw" look, as if things were slapped together and less refined.

as for the rifle question -- you get your first one at skill level 45. either buy it cheaply at the AH or make it yourself,

the patch is going to last 5 hours, and useally there are a few quick fixes after. I would recommend not first trying this game tomorrow as this is a big patch. (this article covers just this new weapon, go on the forums for the full massive patch notes). They do a great job of keeping people informed and making fixes.

Cheers!!

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 6:48PM (Unverified) said

P.S. the current zip pistols are also compressed air. to "reload" you have to pump air back into it also. hence why is has a CO2 canister. Cause n00bs dont get gunpowder for their first weapons

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 7:27PM swarmofcats said

Link to the patch notes for tomorrow. Damn dunno what to do during the downtime, I didn't get to play all day today! At least there will be cool new stuff when they are finally back online. Seems like most of it is bug fixes and small modifications, though.

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 6:59PM TheGreatMachine said

My first thought was a flamethrower. Anything after that is dissapoint :(. Why I thought they'd build a flamer out of wood i'm not sure.

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 7:27PM (Unverified) said

Wait, the new weapon is an overglorified paintball gun?

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 2:01AM (Unverified) said

This wood on the front is because this is a stylized cocker pump. The wood is the pump arm.

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 2:01AM (Unverified) said

edit: Pump handle I mean. Sorry about that.

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 9:42AM WSCopic said

Looks like either a converted WORKS Cocker or an Evolution. In both cases, it would now be considered a "Sniper" by most. (Aluminum bodied Sheridan style pump gun first made back in the mid-80's).

I play with one quite similar.

Lots of paintball goodness in this game. One of the early zip-gun models is based on the 68 AutoMag.

Posted: Feb 24th 2010 2:52PM WSCopic said

After consulting with my pump gun savvy friends, it appears I was wrong. It looks like a CCM WORKs bodied Auto Cocker, but it is in fact a semi-auto rather than a pump. (Can see stock (crappy) front end pneumatics that cycle the gun.) It just has a funky wooden foregrip added for extra "wasteland" flair!

(Similar guns)

Anyhow, still a cool addition to the game.